Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and searched...does anyone know if the lower profile antenna uses the same mounting holes as the larger "tear drop" antenna on the early 06's?

I just hate the look of that thing on the roof... I've just bought the Terk combiner for the two-wire receiver and placed a Sirius antenna from one of their plug-n-play receivers on the trunk to see how reception will be. Maybe I'll just have a bodyshop plug the holes on the roof and paint to match. Or paint the low profile antenna and put that on the roof.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
No and the badder news is the systems are not the same that would allow you to just swap antenna. The smaller one has a single cable and the shark fin has 2. So in order to do this, you would have to buy the complete system. I have looked into this.....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes but Terk sells a piece that allows you to use the new single connection antennas with the older two wire systems.

I currently have that piece and have disconnected the roof antenna and connected the single wire antenna from a plug-n-play receiver - i don't see how the low profile antenna would be different....

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Well slap my mouth.....didn't know that existed. Well then the new antenna may work after all, but I do not know about the hole differences (if any) between the 2.

I am curious now....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone...anyone...bueller?

I haven't even been able to find someplace that sells JUST the factory antenna (the smaller, flatter one, not the teardrop one from the early 06's).

Anyone have any information on this?

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Have you checked Mopar Super Center? They are a great help when it comes to parts. If it's not on the web site, give them a call and see what thay can do.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks as though you and I are the only one interested in this. Yes, I dealt with MSC before - great bunch of guys. I guess I'll put a call in tomorrow...or maybe call some junkyards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts