Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.... soon to be Charger owner here. I am just interested in what some of you guys that have the option think of it, so that you can tell others that don't know anything about it some information. I have noticed that most of the people on here don't even know how its spelled! Its Sirius... :whistle: just so we all know. I have had my unit in my car for a few months now and will definately get it when I get my charger. Commercial free music is pretty sweet! :happy:

·
Registered
732 Posts
I don't think I would pay for it, if it wasn't free.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I bought a 2003 PT Dream Cruiser 2 years ago that came with Sirius radio. I enjoyed the free year but since I do not spend a lot of time in the car, it just was not worth it to me to pay for the subscription when it was up. My Daytona is coming with it again and I may consider paying the larger fee and have it for the life of the car, since I am planning on keeping this one for a while longer. I figure I have a year to decide. Maybe longer since it took them about 5 months to actually shut the service off when I did not re-up. I really prefer my ipod for music and audiobooks anyway.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have it.It's OK, not what I expected. Some of the stations play the same songs everyday. I haven't heard Led Zeppelins Houses of the Holy since High School,but this one station plays it everyday!...sometimes twice! Also,I live in a rural area,and I lose the signal quite a bit going under tress and what not. One year for free is nice,cause it has the NFL channels,but I wouldn't subscribe to it.

·
Banned
113 Posts
I'm not diggin it.... seems to pop oriented for my needs. I've found I listen to Octane, Hair Nation and Buzzsaw while all the others seem to be garbage to me.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Dont forget "Classic Vinyl"

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had an XM Commander receiver installed in my STX. MLB, and golf! Who ever would have believed they would broadcast golf on the radio!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
MrDee said:
I had an XM Commander receiver installed in my STX. MLB, and golf! Who ever would have believed they would broadcast golf on the radio!

I had the xm commander installed in my Avalanche.... I prefer XM with that kit compared to Sirius.... Sirius cuts out 10 times more then XM ever did.... kinda sorry I did not pull it out when I traded in the truck.... but I can buy a new one for $69 anyway....

I will let my sirius 1 year free wear out... and more then likely will be doing the switch back to XM at that time... for now... I paid for it.... may was well use it...

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm not too crazy about Sirius either. Their 'pop' stations are too "pop" if that makes sense, and their rock is too much "rock". I know it doesn't make sense what I say, but if you listen to it you'll know what I mean.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
naperguy said:
I'm not too crazy about Sirius either. Their 'pop' stations are too "pop" if that makes sense, and their rock is too much "rock". I know it doesn't make sense what I say, but if you listen to it you'll know what I mean.

I keep trying to find a station that plays more... for lack of a better explination... "california alternative"... basically stuff like Green Day and such.... if you can point me in the right direction... thanks...

(I listen to that and country... and the country stations on sirius suck too)

·
Registered
369 Posts
I like country too, I grew up on the old stuff,so ROADHOUSE is good for me...but overall...the classic rock stations that I have listened to,play the same songs everyday,or every other day. There is also way too many news stations....I think there is an alternative station that you might like,but I can't think of the name of it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I think it's awesome! I have Siruis at home (it comes free with Dish Network). It's much better than regular FM radio, but I do wish they would play more variety. Some of the stations play some great stuff, but they have a tendency to play the same artists over and over again. The best thing about Sirius is that it exposes you to music you wouldn't normally listen to. I thoroughly enjoy the classical stations as well as the rock stations. I also like to listen to the various decades (60's, 70's, 80's, etc...) My wife loves the Broadway channel and listens to it all the time. My twins get a kick out of the kids channel. I'm almost embarrased to admit it, but I'm looking forward to Howard Stern's move to Sirius.

·
Registered
369 Posts
It's waaaayyy better than regular FM.But like you said, there should be more variety of artists that they play. The variety of different types of music is awesome too. Yeah, Howard should be something on there !!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've got a Daytona coming in end of this month or first of next and It will have the siriius radio. I have XM in my truck and vette and really like it but I'll give the Sirius a try for a year and them decide which whether to keep it or go back to XM. I'm more into Fox news and such and the 50's, 60's and 70's music I guess I'm showing my age!

9/26 est delivery (I hope!)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I can't deal without my Sirius, especially on the long drives in Texas where there are absolutely no decent radio stations. Sirius also has all the NFL games plus a lot of college football games. They have been good to me also. They had a special when I got my 04 Durango for a lifetime subscription if you paid 3 years in advance. The Durango got wrecked and they transfered my subscription to the new Charger and waved the $75 transfer fee since I would have gotten it for fee anyway for a year. I will probably never switch to XM since I have the lifetime subscription that would only cost me $75 to transfer it at anytime to any other receiver.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
STLCharger said:
It's OK, it could use more cowbell...
Of course it could use more cowbell! :)

And Daytona R/T, I listen to ALT Nation alot, which is channel 21 and that plays a good variety of alt rock. I just love the variety of different channels, I find i switch between most of the rock stations, Hair Nation, Buzzsaw, Octane, Classic Vinal, Classic Rewind.....
I had just noticed when reading other posts from before that people had been like.... I ordered my charger and I got this Sirius thing, now I hope that people understand what it is.....

·
Registered
154 Posts
I actually prefer Sirius to XM, they have more classic rock stations and 80's music than XM but the POP station is pure crap compared to XM. I used to listen to 3 stations consistantly on XM but on Sirius there are about 5 whith music i like. Sirius does seem to have a weaker signal in rural areas though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts