1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
We had 6 months free when we bought our Charger back in '06. Had a heck of a time trying to get them to turn it off when I didn't want to pay the $150+ subscription every year. However if we were constantly driving cross country, then it might be worth it.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We had 6 months free when we bought our Charger back in '06. Had a heck of a time trying to get them to turn it off when I didn't want to pay the $150+ subscription every year. However if we were constantly driving cross country, then it might be worth it.
I tired of the low bit rate music. I rip everything to 320, and added a device to stream from my phone. It's ok, but haven't found a good solution.

·
Registered
412 Posts
One thing to consider now is that you can stream the service to your phone (I have Android) or computer. Vehicle came with 1 year subscription, and will most likely renew for paid membership when it comes due.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I signed up for a 2-month free trial in November. After 7 weeks, I am not sure how I will live without it. Excellent marketing job, SiriusXM!

Consider: offering free service for a time costs them NOTHING, because the signal is in the air anyway. And if they get some subscribers, like me, they win.

I'm ready to renew.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Clear sound, but as PD stated, i also became tired of the low quality music.
A usb stick with high quality music would do good, sadly I dont have a usb port or an Aux.
I stick to mp3 discs, or the aux-tape method, use my phone's streaming radio apps, but mainly music on sd card.
High bitrate and Beats' on my HTC Lte EVO gets me very good sounds across the board.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
It's good but not great. After our free trial, I tried to let it cancel, but they came back with an offer of $20.00 for 6 months. The next time, I tried to let it cancel again, and they were at $24.00 for 6 months. It's about to expire again, I'm wondering what they will offer this time. I wont miss it, between google music, iheart, etc., etc. My wife, on the other hand, she'll miss it.

·
Registered
909 Posts
SiriusXM has me hooked for life. I love satellite radio.

·
Registered
679 Posts
For me, it's way to expensive for the amount of time spent in the car.
Exactly the same for me, when I used to spend a lot of time commuting I loved having Sirius

I had a sportster and put cradles in both cars plus one in my garage, now that I work from home I simply don't feel the need for it and listed to internet radio for free instead

I activated the free 2 month trial when I bought my charger (mainly just to verify it worked) and just simply didn't listen to it so I cancelled sirius altogether

·
Registered
822 Posts
I never got the lure of sat radio myself...this is the first time I have ever had it (1 yr free with my 2013 RT). It is about to expire next month.

They sent me a notice in the mail to renew for something like $19 a month or $180 for a year. LOL yea right. I have a 32gb SD card in there and that is all I listen to. You can use the voice command to find any song artist or album in seconds. So its even more "on demand" then anything.

My wife likes the Sat radio but I have a 2.3 mile commute to work so I will not be renewing. I didn't even think of what others said about streaming pandora or something over bluetooth. Thats a great idea. We just got smartphones a few months ago for the first time too so that sounds like a greaet plan for her when we take a road trip....

·
Registered
59 Posts
The lure of sat radio is in the items you just don't get with any other service. Like all the football games. Fox News live. Howard Stern. Vivid Radio. Opie & Anthony.
And if you take long, interstate drives, you need not wonder what stations each upcoming town has.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I guess I can see that if you like talk radio listen to games. I personally do neither. I am a music nut so for me the lack of quality over the XM and limited choices just leaves me scratching my head at ~$200 a year for radio.

The other thing I have noticed on channels like Lithium, they play the same 30 songs over and over and over. Same with the "Top Hits" channel, can't recall the name of it.

If I want to hear that much Nirvana wouldn't I just listen to the CD???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts