Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a 7-11 next to my real estate office and very often I'll park there for a second and run in and get a Mt. Dew or something before a meeting. So yesterday on the way to a sales meeting I swing in there and park in front of the convenience store. As I'm getting out I see a display table with all kinds of chit on it as I'm walking in there is a guy in his early 20s coming out of the store with a pepsi dressed like Billy Mays.

He had black hair and looked like he was just kicking off a beard too. haha. Anyway I go in and get my drink and I come back out and Billy was just finishing talking to some guy in a pickup. I need to walk past this guy to get to my car.I think we all see what's coming. I have my sunglasses on and I'm a fairly large guy so I turn on the if you talk to me I'll f**k your day up vibe. Of course he still runs right up to me.

"Sir that is a very nice car you have there."
"Thank you," I say without stopping.
"Black is a very hard color to keep clean I'm sure."
"Uh huh."
"I have this fantastic new product. It is a waterless wash and wax in a can. If I can just spray some on your car." He comes running up with the filthiest looking bathroom towel ever.I stop and look at him like I might throw him through the window to 7-11 if he takes one step closer to my Charger.
"No thanks bud. I don't want you spraying my car with whatever the hell is in that can."
As a salesman I know it's rough getting the door slammed in your face but DO NOT APPROACH MY CAR WITH YOUR SANDPAPER ROUGH, CHIT COVERED, TOILET BOWL CLEANING RAG!!!!!!

End of rant. :rant: :D

·
Registered
634 Posts
At least he wasnt like some of them where they will do it anyways.....I would have knocked the crap out of him if he would have touched my car

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I'm glad you scared him away!!!!!

I know the look you probably turned on would have sent me running for the hills!

In all honesty, I've never seen that around here.. That's just creepy.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I wasn't thrilled Sarah. I should have told him he could spray my car if he was a Charger Forums supporting vendor.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
You should have said "I have a fantastic offer for you... How about you stay away from my car and in return your face stays the way it is"

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
At least it wasn't this guy, wanting to SPRAY your car.

But I'd have to think for a minute if THESE peeps wanted to "SPRAY MY CAR"!

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Not sure what he was selling but i have a waterless wax in a can and it works wonders. But ya i don't wipe my car down with a dirty ass towel

·
Registered
8,719 Posts

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
That was me.......................just trying to make money :(

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
"Thank you but the wax compound I use these days is known to react very badly with other brand materials and can form a corrosive compound."

Basically polite and completely fabricated.

There's no need to be aggressive or rude and if you convince the idiot that the blame and fault are yours, not his, he has nowhere to argue. He can't argue that his product is entirely safe when you're admitting yours isn't.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I look bigger in real life. Haha. I'm actually 6'4" 200lbs or so and this dude wad like 5'6". I was plenty huge. And Trev you need to stop impersonating an American icon.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Well im trying to raise money for my coke habit....

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
They alwase ask me and as nice as I can I say no.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
there are these guys near my street that do a car wash in a parking lot and everytime I drive by they run after my car or one day they even jumped out in front of my car. but i dont let anybody wash my car haha

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
People have actually come up to you guys trying to spray stuff on your car like the cologne counter at Macy's? Wow. This one was new to me. His two mistakes were that he didn't read my body language and he approached my personal property after he should have known I wasn't interested. I may not have been super friendly but I didn't exactly kick him in the junk either but as someone who has literally had lots of doors closed in his face you know how a person feels about your presence in about 2 seconds or at least you should if you want to successfully sell something. My short answers lack of eye contact and short terse movements should have tipped the guy off long before he busted out "the rag".

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
But...its just so damn gorgeous......

And the car isnt bad either ;)

·
Registered
391 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me if someone decked this guy by the end of the day. You don't mess with a man's car.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
if he was wearing just a pair of speedo's I bet you would have let him do it:cowsmile:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts