Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the charger scene and I'm interested in the common simple charger mods that I hear you guys talk about but I cant seem to find the write ups about. I've seen the one that involved the toggle switch for the traction control.

I keep hearing people talk about the (and going on memory here) 11/14/16 fuse pulling (what do those power and what does the car do without them?).

What sparked me to ask this was yesterday I was driving about 20-25mph down a driveway and while passing a friend's house I decided to veer off into his cow pasture that's overabundant with grass (that was wet due to the rain) and do a donut.

I turned off the traction control crap via that button on the dash and stomped it while turning the wheel to initiate the donut but the car STILL tried to keep itself under control by applying the brakes. I assume it just *couldn't* stop the rear but it did manage to bring the front of the car to a halt so the car just sat there. It really hindered my ability to sling the rear of the car around and really have any fun. I *definitely* lost all of my momentum to do another turn.

I see it quite ridiculous that I'd need to enter the stunt doing 50+ to have enough momentum to do a 2nd turn, with a freaking hemi.

Does anybody have links to writeups about some of the easy and common charger mods? (06 5.7 RT)

·
Registered
467 Posts
offroading with a charger??

Front blinker mod (makes the side/corner marker blink same time or alternate with turn signal)

CAI (cold air intake)- i have the aFe stage II CAI- awesome WOT throttle, better throttle response, and maybe a few hp.

tuner/programmer like diablosport predator (just came out) and superchips.
if you change rims/tire size, you need to change the setting in tuner for your speedo to read accurately. add some power and change shift settings.

noESP mod via noesp.org product, rtjunkies mod, or if your car was built after like april 06 (check driver door tag), you can hold the key to start for a few seconds while driving slowly. radio/accessories will turn on and off. esp/bas light will pop on, meaning the esp system is off completely. also the new predator can turn off esp.

catback exhaust, headers/hiflow cats, e-cutouts, remove resonators and/or mufflers (brylcreem mod)

check out the supporting vendors for sales and group buys.

·
Registered
131 Posts
offroading with a charger??

noESP mod via noesp.org product, rtjunkies mod, or if your car was built after like april 06 (check driver door tag), you can hold the key to start for a few seconds while driving slowly. radio/accessories will turn on and off. esp/bas light will pop on, meaning the esp system is off completely. also the new predator can turn off esp.
This is the tweak you are looking for to be able to do your donuts.

·
Registered
131 Posts
don't show the wife how to turn ESP off.
Just watched her turn the corner, stop and floor it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts