Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Man I dig the two big strips, but I don't like the pinstriping along the doors. Anybody know the cost of this mod?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Stripes ok. That cheesy 'stang wing kills it for me.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Why did they put really dark tint on the rear window and none on the side ones??? And the stripes would look better going all the way down the front like they do in the back...

Looks like a typical, half-azz dealership job :sick:

·
Registered
384 Posts
I like it, the stipes would be better going all the way down the front but I otherwise like it a lot

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks to much like a Mustang or Camaro to me. I don't know, maybe I'm more of a traditionalist. I can't recall ever seeing racing stripes like those on a Mopar. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Anyone ever think of putting more of a Mopar style graphics on their Charger?
Like a Billboard or Hockey stripe or bumble bee stripe or full black hood? I don't think the back end is long enough for a bumble bee stripe though.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
I've thought about doing the hockey stick stripe and completely blacking out the hood on my daytona. I don't know how heavy the hood is, but I may even think about getting a replacement (so I don't screw up the good one....) and do the old 4-pin hood pin mod so I wont need a hood prop OR the hood struts that so many people seem to be using.

·
Registered
549 Posts
THauch said:
Looks to much like a Mustang or Camaro to me. I don't know, maybe I'm more of a traditionalist. I can't recall ever seeing racing stripes like those on a Mopar. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Anyone ever think of putting more of a Mopar style graphics on their Charger?
Like a Billboard or Hockey stripe or bumble bee stripe or full black hood? I don't think the back end is long enough for a bumble bee stripe though.
I have thought about the bumble bee stripe but the butt of the Charger isn't quite as long as the 1970 Charger so it would be difficult and look forced. I do however like the hockey stick in the one picture but I might just play it by ear and see what I feel like doing when I get the car. Might totally change my mind on graphics all together.

Later

·
Registered
14 Posts
Crazy_luck said:
I've thought about doing the hockey stick stripe and completely blacking out the hood on my daytona. I don't know how heavy the hood is, but I may even think about getting a replacement (so I don't screw up the good one....) and do the old 4-pin hood pin mod so I wont need a hood prop OR the hood struts that so many people seem to be using.
That would be cool. I wonder how much it would cost for a fiberglass hood or something light like that? Good idea on saving the original.

·
Registered
14 Posts
SRT8Charger07 said:
I have thought about the bumble bee stripe but the butt of the Charger isn't quite as long as the 1970 Charger so it would be difficult and look forced. I do however like the hockey stick in the one picture but I might just play it by ear and see what I feel like doing when I get the car. Might totally change my mind on graphics all together.

Later
I think the Hockey stripe is probably my favorite of the bunch too. I actually like the bumble bee stripe better, but don't think it would work on the new car.
Anyone else got any ideas? How about a black vinyl top? lol Actually, I wonder what it would look like? My dad had a '71 orange Charger Daytona 500 with a black top. Photochop anyone??? :shifty:

·
Registered
51 Posts
SRT8Charger07 said:
I have thought about the bumble bee stripe but the butt of the Charger isn't quite as long as the 1970 Charger so it would be difficult and look forced.
I was thinking of a ghost bumble bee stripe; same color as car but
flat paint vs. gloss. Not too intrusive but a tip of the hat to the past.

Was wondering what the charger would look like with the molding
removed and some slight "indents" airbrushed on the front doors.

CD

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
cousindave said:
I was thinking of a ghost bumble bee stripe; same color as car but
flat paint vs. gloss. Not too intrusive but a tip of the hat to the past.

Was wondering what the charger would look like with the molding
removed and some slight "indents" airbrushed on the front doors.

CD

I have the molding part for you, now if some one can do the "indents" you'll be set...

·
Registered
549 Posts
Thanks for the pic. But I am not sure how I feel about that stripe. Perhaps if it was in a different color it might look better but I would have to see more pics before I pass judgement on if I like it or not. Originally I thought that is what I wanted now I am not sure....but I have time still to think about it. They have a bunch of other graphics on their site....the strobe one looks cool.

Later

·
Registered
549 Posts
Just noticed this from the pic above with the butt stripe. It doesn't go all the way down to the bottom of the bumper. If you look at it the stripe stops at the indented area about 5" from the bottom.......nope I definitely don't like that at all.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I like the BB stripe, with one exception. Since the design and flow of the quarter panel aft of the rear wheels give the impression of slanted panel, I would think the BB stipe would look better if it slanted as well. Keep the stripe in place across the top of the trunk, but as the stripe traverses the rear quarter panel have it slant slightly as it comes down. If I had photo shop I'd attempt a chop of it, but I don't.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts