Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy....not sure if a dash kit has been shown before. Here's a pic of the interior with the dash kit....very easy to install and a great mod.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
That does look nice! If I had a black car I'd go all CF!

·
Registered
519 Posts
I know this threads a few months old but STL, where'd you get this dash kit.. I have only found two manufacturers that make the silver carbon fiber dash kit.. Wanna know how's it held up over the times and did you go with sherwood or woodview..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know this threads a few months old but STL, where'd you get this dash kit.. I have only found two manufacturers that make the silver carbon fiber dash kit.. Wanna know how's it held up over the times and did you go with sherwood or woodview..
The kit was purchased thru LGT Automotive who is a distributor of Sherwood Dash Inc. Sherwood does not sell direct. This silver kit is the second kit I have installed.

Both have been top quality and have held up very well.

Cosmin is the sales rep at LGT and he is very helpful - give him a call. Here the website:

http://www.lgtautomotive.com/

The best to you in your shopping - any further questions, please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
I LIKE IT.....:rocker:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Sherwood Dash is one that I was looking at.. The other being Woodview..

Woodview has a few more pieces but that also means more that I don't really want/need.. I think the sherwood kit has everything that I want so that I'm not overdoing it..

You have any more pictures of it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here you go - a couple of more pics for you:

Passenger Dash Vent:

Center Console:

Driver's Door:

Rear Seat Arm Rest:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Man that is sexy..

And I found a company that makes silver carbon fiber exterior vinyls in the super bee and daytona styles that our supporting vendors have.. If interested, PM me..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man that is sexy..

And I found a company that makes silver carbon fiber exterior vinyls in the super bee and daytona styles that our supporting vendors have.. If interested, PM me..
Thanks for the info / tip - have no plans to do anything on the outside at the moment. If you install them yourself....post pics.

·
Registered
298 Posts
how hard was this to do? and how does it go on? does it go over the old stuff or do you take the old stuff off? thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is very easy to apply....the actual dash is not taken apart or removed; it is a 3M sticky back which is warmed to around 80 degrees and applied. Clean the surface, warm piece, and apply. The whole kit took about an hour or so.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
how much does that cost?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how much does that cost?
There are quite a few price variables - the year of the car and also which type of kit you get....CF, wood, polished silver, etc. I am guessing the prices would be between $150 to $225.

For my 07 in real silver CF, no nav system - cost plus shipping was $210.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
There are quite a few price variables - the year of the car and also which type of kit you get....CF, wood, polished silver, etc. I am guessing the prices would be between $150 to $225.

For my 07 in real silver CF, no nav system - cost plus shipping was $210.

Hope this helps.
thank you, how hard was the install?

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Well what color dash kit what look good with my clammish and black interior, and white/black two tone?
and I HATE wood grain

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thank you, how hard was the install?
The actual process of installation.....is as easy as putting on a bumper sticker. The only hard part about the process....once you stick the kit piece to the dash....it will not come off.

Basically....if you apply it tilted or otherwise....it will stay that way. The kit on the Charger was my second kit installed. Each time you apply one...it gets easier.

I test fit all pieces several times before actually applying it. The key...take your time and do not be in a hurry.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well what color dash kit what look good with my clammish and black interior, and white/black two tone?
and I HATE wood grain
My .02 - I think the silver CF looks the best in the Chargers period....a dark two tone dash so I would think you'd want something light in color.

A club member who has a GC SRT8 has a much lighter silver dash and he plans to go with the Black CF. I had this exact one in my 04 Mustang GT...it had a tan dash.

Hope this helps and good luck

1 - 20 of 21 Posts