Charger Forums banner

Are these killer green flames?

• Pretty Sweet Flames - they Rock!

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • No opinion; it's your car so..............whatever!

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Totally not cool - theyre rediculous!

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Nice Shirt!

Votes: 5 20.8%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, first - thanks to Billet Technology for making this heatshield! Can I get a Woop-Woop!
Second, Joe and his Son in Law at Longhorn Powdercoat here in Fort Worth did a tremendous job - surpassing even my lofty expectations.
Third, Flames are tough to produce, and green flames are hard to get to look right. But look at those flames Jimmy Boudreaux over at Boudreaux Paint and Body put on! Sweet......Seriously.

Let's talk cost - Sent the dimensions of the plate to Billet - they produced it in a few weeks - cost = "FREE"! Pretty killer. Turns out they need a Powder Coater - and wanted to test the guy I was going to. He did a killer job, and I hope they can come to an agreement.
Longhorn PowderCoat - $25 - seriously under-priced in my opinion, but I didnt argue with the man. Took about 2 days for Powder. Turns out they like HotRods, and wanted to see the car anyway!
Jimmy Boudreaux - $150 for airbrush, flames, and a clearcoat. Took Jimmy about 3 days to get the job done.

Now - look at the pics below. First pic is of the old plate on the car (Volant Chrome/Blue - Yuck!). Second one is a side-by-side. Third and fourth is with the new plate on the car.

Last pic is just because I like to be funny - and this is a shirt I wear when I mow the lawn!

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oooops - missed the shirt - Here it is!

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tks Md!............................

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Who made the "nice shirt" vote? Lol
My wife HATES it when I wear that shirt..................and yelled at me when I took the picture of it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
damn dude.
the mod bug bit you too lol
welcome to the club
there is no cure

i like the flames

I still have other mods in mind. I'll run them by you Eric.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
very nice. Looks like a good match too. We will be calling this week and talking powder coating shop with your Texas hookup.

Man, if I would have known you wanted flames, we would have cut those out for you too.

Question? Did they powder coat the plate black and the Daytona we engraved for you to in the Sublime? Very nice if they did a mask job on that.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
very nice. Looks like a good match too. We will be calling this week and talking powder coating shop with your Texas hookup.

Man, if I would have known you wanted flames, we would have cut those out for you too.

Question? Did they powder coat the plate black and the Daytona we engraved for you to in the Sublime? Very nice if they did a mask job on that.
He could have, but said the colors might run. I decided not to risk it and went the safe route.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts