Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my car for literally two weeks. My side skirt cracked and the clips have broken off. I didn't hit anything. The side kit has no scratches on it. I have no clue what could of happened. Anybody know of this can be fixed by warranty.

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
I doubt warranty will cover the repair
Time to get a body shop estimate and see if how much your comp deductible is.
In the mean time replace those two clips to prevent further damage

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
You did drive over something. You can see where the front of the side skirt was forced up and scratched the paint just below the clip on the front fender. Or someone tride to jack it up by the skirt to steel your wheels. Either way, not a warranty item unless it came that way. You sure it was not damaged on delivery?

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Definitely not a warranty issue. Something clearly impacted the skirt. Suck it up and get it fixed.

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
That doesn't appear to even be from someone trying to use a Jack at the wrong spot. With the marking and the crack it's clear you ran over something, or the car was lifted and let down on something that caused the side skirt to flex up and crack. And those are pretty durable so had to be a considerable amount of force to do that.

Warranty isn't going to cover that, they'll see the same things we did and say what did you drive over? Best bet is to buy the piece yourself if you can and then get it sprayed by a good shop. I'd say you're looking $600 bucks without seeing the cost of the side skirt itself.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The only way I could see this happening is if the plastic was exposed to a drastic temperature change, but even then it would be a freak occurrence.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The way its cracked looks like the front caught on something that pulled it down. Like others said its not a warranty problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts