Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recall some people talking about how good the car looks when you remove the side molding....anyone have pics?

Also, how do you remove them? Will there be holes, or is it glued on? Will there be a residue? If so, how do I remove it?

Advice? Pics? Instructions?

·
Registered
298 Posts
<you can almost hear the stampede>

You gonna get a bunch of replies on this one.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Don't do it - the rubbing strip protects the door and breaks up the door outline - it's a great accent to have!!!!!!:smoke:

:grin:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
No holes, stuck on with 3m tape, from what I have read<not doing it yet> It's simple, wait for a hot day, let car sit in sun for a couple hours and use floss or fishing string to get in between 3m and car then gently slide it back until they come off, I have seen several that simply pulled theres off very slow and used nothing...WHEN it's really hot out it will be very easy for you...

Good luck!!

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
to me the car looks better with them on...plus its there for a reason. just take a look at all the stories people post on here about parking lots and scratches/dents.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Don't do it - the rubbing strip protects the door and breaks up the door outline - it's a great accent to have!!!!!!:smoke:

Dont listen to ARF he has done a thousand Mods :lie:

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
to me the car looks better with them on...plus its there for a reason. just take a look at all the stories people post on here about parking lots and scratches/dents.
X2

I agree with both points.

Mine is staying on.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

That's why I'd like to see pics before I decide to do it :)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I have <[email protected] IT> sevral chips on my doors <done recently, again [email protected] IT> where the moldings have not helped at all.....On the flip side I also see a couple areas where the moldings may have saved me.......

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can see where it protects the car, but I have the luxury around here to park where nothing is close to my car. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but I'm one of those people that parks WAY OUT in the parkinglot and is okay with walking a mile. At work, there's so few people here and our parking spaces are really good size...plus, everyone knows that the Charger belongs to the owner's daughter.

But, again, I haven't decided whether to do it or not, but wanted to see what everyone had to say about it....

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I recall some people talking about how good the car looks when you remove the side molding....anyone have pics?

Also, how do you remove them? Will there be holes, or is it glued on? Will there be a residue? If so, how do I remove it?

Advice? Pics? Instructions?
I have no pics, but I vote to remove. The side molding has a purpose but it looks weak on our cars. Be a man!!! and take them off!!! :)

·
Registered
831 Posts
i dont think they give much protection. the odds that the car next to you is the right height to hit the molding and not your door are slim any way.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I have no pics, but I vote to remove. The side molding has a purpose but it looks weak on our cars. Be a man!!! and take them off!!! :)
Or woman and take them off!:)

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
i dont think they give much protection. the odds that the car next to you is the right height to hit the molding and not your door are slim any way.
It's not just there to stop other people whacking the door, it's on the outer-most sticking bit of the door to protect it from the person opening the door into an object (pole, barrier etc). :)

·
Registered
686 Posts
I did it and love the look

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
It's not just there to stop other people whacking the door, it's on the outer-most sticking bit of the door to protect it from the person opening the door into an object (pole, barrier etc). :)
Never thought of that....<uhm note to self dont ever let Arf drive my car>

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I didn't do it for quite awhile, but I'm glad I did. It looks really clean now. I will ruin out and get a few pics real fast as I just finished detaling it this morning with the new decals installed.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Never thought of that....<uhm note to self dont ever let Arf drive my car>
It's not me I worry about....it's my passangers....:smoke:

Oh - wait - that was kinda your point....cos I'd be the passanger :nervous s

1 - 20 of 65 Posts