Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me how to remove the painted caps in the folding side mirrors without damaging them? I need to get them off for painting.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You're telling me no one has ever had to paint their side mirrors?

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
As far as I no they do not come off. When a customer ask us to paint them we take the mirror off the car tape everything up expect the part that needs painting and paint it.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
As far as I no they do not come off. When a customer ask us to paint them we take the mirror off the car tape everything up expect the part that needs painting and paint it.
X2.....

The cap doesn't come off, your going to have to tape it off real good. Did you get some mirrors to add to your car?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
X2.....

The cap doesn't come off, your going to have to tape it off real good. Did you get some mirrors to add to your car?
Yeah, I bought mirrors from illss, just need to have them painted.

I'm currently in a local guy's shop having some vinyl put on, and apparently he can paint the mirrors for me as well. I'll probably just leave em here and pick em up when they are ready.

Only reason I asked about taking them off is I have seen some with the cap removed, and let's face it, they feel like they COULD come apart. Getting them back on after that, who knows. I'll just let this gentleman work his magic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts