Charger Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why the hell must all of you go so far to make page after page after page to call something "ghetto". i'm sorry, but i am so f'ing sick and tired of the blatant bigotry. i don't see a lifted f250 on super swamper's and call it "*******". to make a comment about something being gangster, ghetto and black only!!! you have got to be kidding me. it's his money. who cares. if he wants to shove $5000 in cash up is ass. it's his money. i fully understand that this is america and you can say what you want. but, this is america, you can drive whatever you want. so if you want to sell your car and get something you consider less ghetto, fine, be gone. i love my charger with my 20's. which a few years ago were considered ...... ghetto. but hey, they come with 20's now ...... hhhmmmmm. since this is america i have a choice. a choice not to come back and read crap insulting and stereotyping people because of what they drive. i really hope none of the people that make those comments have any good luck or fortune in there lives. to the moderators ......... glad to see your on top of it.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
But what do you do when people on both sides of the coin have equal rights to:

1) Make their vehicle look 'a way' that is seen to 'mean something'

and

2) Make comments that the type of mod puts that vehicle into a bracket (rightly, or wrongly).

?

I think that it is well known that modding a car one way or another can make it be viewed (rightly, or wrongly) as something that could be linked to something.....naughty.

Therefore, anybody who chooses this type of mod must expect that they are going to get some flack (rightly, or wrongly).

Dang - I've been stereotyped as 'Brit' for two years.

The barstewards!

·
Registered
360 Posts
What do the moderators have to do with anything? If you ask that everyone with an opinion be banned by the mods, there would be no on one left here, including yourself.

All the points you make in your post are valid....so valid that they also apply to those you are ranting about, which makes it...well....kind of pointless.

Just a thought......

·
Registered
168 Posts
Show me a post

Where on these forums has someone has called a car "Black Only" or "Ghetto"
I've never seen that phrase mentioned, But "Gangster" Yes seen that. But remember it was coined by us white folk, because the Original Gangsters were white, and they liked their 1920's Cadillacs flashy, big white wall tires, now called Gangster whites, they liked a lot of Chrome, now a days called Bling.

So cool off, now a days called chill out, enjoy the forums and oh by the way,
dump that "Rice Rocket" Donorcycle, and get a real Motorcycle.

·
Suspended User
2,400 Posts
chill

I've never seen that phrase mentioned, But "Gangster" Yes seen that. But remember it was coined by us white folk, because the Original Gangsters were white, and they liked their 1920's Cadillacs flashy, big white wall tires, now called Gangster whites, they liked a lot of Chrome, now a days called Bling.

QUOTE]

x2. chill out. i havent even seen that written once on here either. you are reall over-reacting

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55326

just read through. i've seen quite a few post that have mentioned "blacks" in the same sentence as "ghetto". i am an african american (i.e. black). nothing about me is ghetto and i am personally tired of it. if i started a post about swamp buggies and said "hillbilly, *******, inbred, cracker", just how long do you think i'd be here.

to say you don't like something is one thing. to stereotype is another. i work very damn hard to fight that kind of crap. we as people will never get over racism in all its forms until we stop and think about what we say and how we say it.

as far as the moderators, they don't seem to care about all the racism thats floats around here.

26's do not mean ghetto. it simply means that person wants really big wheels.

oh, my "rice rocket" is what i wanted. honda, harley, ducati, suzuki, aprilla, norton, yamaha, indian ..... there all motorcycles genius.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Relax, people put that stuff on their cars for a reason...its flashy, catches peoples eyes, draws attention. People do this knowing it will draw both praise and criticism, some thrive on that. If I were you I wouldn't try to turn this into a racial issue because that will get you no where. People got a right to their opinions and a right to put what they like on their car. You calling this out only reinforces your stance on the underlying issue of your post. If you keep talking about it and taking everything little thing the wrong way there will always be an issue in your mind. Relax, enjoy the forums and take care.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts

just read through. i've seen quite a few post that have mentioned "blacks" in the same sentence as "ghetto". i am an african american (i.e. black). nothing about me is ghetto and i am personally tired of it. if i started a post about swamp buggies and said "hillbilly, *******, inbred, cracker", just how long do you think i'd be here.

to say you don't like something is one thing. to stereotype is another. i work very damn hard to fight that kind of crap. we as people will never get over racism in all its forms until we stop and think about what we say and how we say it.

as far as the moderators, they don't seem to care about all the racism thats floats around here.

oh, my "rice rocket" is what i wanted. honda, harley, ducati, suzuki, aprilla, norton, yamaha, indian ..... there all motorcycles genius.
DUde look at my car, imagine how much sh*T i catch about it here, but making a scene and calling it all racism and making a big deal is just as stupid. Just let them do what they want, if they want to call my car ghetto and say floaters are stupid and lambos are stupid I personally don't give 2 sh*ts or a f***. This is my car and if I want to paint it pink and put purple polka dots on it I will.

Why does everything have to be a race issue, ghetto doesn't mean black always, don't see how you can say you're being judged when you consider ghetto a derogatory remark towards black people, not all blacks are ghetto, just like not all whites are white trash. If someone said trash and white people, i wouldn't assume they meant white by trash.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
man that thread wasnt racist. those huge wheels are ugly. and ghetto doesnt mean black. ghetto came from the italians, try looking it up. ur blowing this waaayyy out of proportion. is that ur car in the pictures or somethin?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I think you're the only one throwing the "race" card my friend. In here, race means a speed competition between two or more cars. Relax my friend.

Many, many terms in language are simply a result of the evolution of that language by the people who speak it. Sure, there are some bad ones but I've never seen one written here that was intended as a direct racial insult.

·
Registered
199 Posts

So cool off, now a days called chill out, enjoy the forums and oh by the way,
dump that "Rice Rocket" Donorcycle, and get a real Motorcycle.
x2, but still not cool no one should be talkin that garbage.

·
Registered
708 Posts

I believe that too many people in this country have gone so far over to the "politically correct" side of things that when somebody says something even close to what you consider "racist" it seems bad. I think censorship is wrong. I think that too many people of all colors, races, and ethnicities have spilt too much blood to protect OUR rights. That is what makes this country great. If everything we said and did was censored, we wouldn't be who we are. Stop being so sensitive. EVERYONE knows that black and mexican comedians clown on white men 24/7. It's accepted and it's funny as hell! I'm white - I'm not going to cry about it - I'm going to laugh about it! At the same time, how many white comedians do you see clowning on black and hispanic guys? ZERO - it's not accepted! If you come to So Cal, you will find that the majority of 26" rims that you see will be rolling around the ghetto - not the suburbs. If you see some 13" Daytons - you are probably in the Varrio. If you see some 44" Super Swampers, you are in the Inland empire. It's not racist, it's just speech. If this is the worst thing that you have to be offended about, you're doing better than the rest of us!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I really think it is going alitlle to far.......Everyone just hug and make up.

·
Registered
708 Posts
For the record: I just read EVERY post in the thread about 26's and i saw the words "ghetto" and "Gangsta" but never the word "black." There was a picture of a white guy posted, so now I'M OFFENDED. Just because Paul Wall has a grill and is a wannabe gangsta doesn't mean that all of us white guys are "ghetto" or "gangsta!" Bogey70 - you got it all twisted!

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
sorry thats my biggest pet pieve, everything being racist, everyone always pulling the race card. That car is ugly, period. I don't care if he's orange.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
. It's accepted and it's funny as hell! I'm white - I'm not going to cry about it - I'm going to laugh about it! At the same time, how many white comedians do you see clowning on black and hispanic guys? ZERO - it's not accepted!
Wow, I didn't think anybody else noticed. It is hilarious I clown white people all the time, and im white. I also clown other races, but all in fun. If somebody wants to be a crybaby about it then they can kiss my @$$ i dont care.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I think the bigger ghetto issue here is when someone makes a post like:

"yo whassup gittn ma nu whip an parkin it at ma crib dis weeknd."

And of course there has to be several "F**K" & "SH*T" thrown in for good measure.

Say what you want but that's trash.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Duz Fa Rellz mae i feelz u

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I think you're the only one throwing the "race" card my friend. In here, race means a speed competition between two or more cars. Relax my friend.

Many, many terms in language are simply a result of the evolution of that language by the people who speak it. Sure, there are some bad ones but I've never seen one written here that was intended as a direct racial insult.
i was pulled over 2 weeks ao rolled down ny window and had the cop pull ot his firearm screming krt mr see you hsnds snd o[en your door from the out side, once he realizid i was white he put his gun away and told me to have a seatand get all the nessacary peper work, living in the community i livr in i brlive their id s loyt of rscisl profiling going on snd judt cause my windows are 5% which i had rolled down prior to the lea getting out of his vehicle he had noright to hoolster his gun just because i was white , in my are a vksck or mexican would have been slammed on the hood of thr car(which i have seen numerious times. NBUT NO RACISM DOESNT EXIST IN THE WORLD TODAY b,s
AND YES DUE TO THE WAY MY VEHICLE LOOKS I AM AUTOMATICLY A DRUG DEALER OR A BLACK GANG BANGER WHICH THIS COP JUST PROVED TO ME GOOD LUCK ALL ETHNIC PEOPLE I AS A WHITE BOY NOW UNDERSTAND WHAT GOES ON RACIALY STILL TODAY AND FOR THE REST OF YOU THAT DONT BELIEVE THAT ARE SADLY MISTAKEN OR JUST PLAIN NIEVE

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
i was pulled over 2 weeks ao rolled down ny window and had the cop pull ot his firearm screming krt mr see you hsnds snd o[en your door from the out side, once he realizid i was white he put his gun away and told me to have a seatand get all the nessacary peper work, living in the community i livr in i brlive their id s loyt of rscisl profiling going on snd judt cause my windows are 5% which i had rolled down prior to the lea getting out of his vehicle he had noright to hoolster his gun just because i was white , in my are a vksck or mexican would have been slammed on the hood of thr car(which i have seen numerious times. NBUT NO RACISM DOESNT EXIST IN THE WORLD TODAY b,s
AND YES DUE TO THE WAY MY VEHICLE LOOKS I AM AUTOMATICLY A DRUG DEALER OR A BLACK GANG BANGER WHICH THIS COP JUST PROVED TO ME GOOD LUCK ALL ETHNIC PEOPLE I AS A WHITE BOY NOW UNDERSTAND WHAT GOES ON RACIALY STILL TODAY AND FOR THE REST OF YOU THAT DONT BELIEVE THAT ARE SADLY MISTAKEN OR JUST PLAIN NIEVE
Dude... you watch a lot of TV.. I have this sh*t happen to me all the time, and I'm white. Nothing to do with color or race, it's how you present yourself. If you drive a "ghetto" car and dress all hood, you're going to be treated like crap.

I dont know why people dress ghetto anyway, in my experience those are the dudes to punk on, cause they are putting up a "front". I don't have to act or look hard, I don't care about fighting, I just like my car. I don't slang drugs, never done a drug in my life, I don't even drink. Never smoked neither. Cops assume I'm a dealer and I could tell you for HOURS how much I've been popped for stupid crap, and it would be evidence for racism... if I was black or mexican... but since Im white it's just coincidential. Im not saying that nobody is racist, lots of people are. But it's taken way out of proportion.

People need to quit crying and realize they bring a lot of their sh*t on. When I did my car up this way, I EXPECTED this sort of attention, just not to the extent I've recieved it. Being pulled over almost 170 times in 4 years is rediculous... and yes I've had guns pulled on me, pushed a gun to my face, been arrested for both "wreckless endangerment" (going 15 over became 30 over real fast) and for NOTHING in precinct 22 in chicago, where the reaosn for pulling me over was "using a cell phone" and "obstruction of view" My friend used his cell, and my tv was flipped down. So i was arrested, my car driven over a curb (rather than towing) I was pistol whipped in front of 20 onlookers in downtown chicago, rough housed, screamed at, my car was damaged and much more.

the speeding charge was my fault, i wasnt goign 30 over but i WAS going 15 over, Im stupid i deserved SOMETHING.. sure it went too far.. but its over now im done b*tching

I was let go for all of my charges because they were all BS and they couldn't do anything. But did that stop me from spending time in a holding tank? NO. It's NOT cause im white... it's because I'm a kid, in a nice car that looks ghetto. No racial profiling involved here... but if I was a minority I'm sure i'd pull the race card? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.