Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought my charger, there is nothing wrong with the exterior, its perfect, no rust no nothing, i just want to get it plasti dipped cuz i find it to be an awesome color, and it would be something different.

So i have an 06 Charger RT, I'll post pictures of its original colour, and i kind of want to get this colour Called Koi Orange, here is a video of a different car in that color.

So it would come out exactly like that, roof black, body orange, rims black, side mirrors black, etc, just like that car. Now if you don't know what plasti dip is, It's basically a temporary paint on your car that you could peel off at anytime, It's Winter proof, carwash proof, unless someone is an ******* and going to do something to it, then it would stay on for atleast 2-3 years. if not more.

So what do you guys think? should i do it? or nah, or maybe do you know a different color? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
It'll come out exactly like that if you paint it well and paint it like that.

·
Registered
822 Posts
PD isn't as easy to use as that video makes it look.

Sure its pretty easy but these guys are pros with it and videos can hide a lot of imperfections and frustration.

I PD'd the DODGE letters on my trunk and its harder to get perfect then you think. When you have to peel off that tape and the overspray on the emblems and such one small tug and you pull up the PD on the trunk that you want to stay.

But go for it!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Do it. I have worked with the koi orange and it is awesome. Have had my SRT dipped matte black since last year and prepping a new full dip here shortly.

If you take your time, prep well and pay attention to the details, it will come out awesome.

-- sent from my HTC DNA --

·
Registered
51 Posts
Do it. I have worked with the koi orange and it is awesome. Have had my SRT dipped matte black since last year and prepping a new full dip here shortly.

If you take your time, prep well and pay attention to the details, it will come out awesome.

I noticed your wheel look PD. How have they held up??? I used Duplicolour Black Chrome Out on my wheels and they are chipping and peeling to the point that I'll have to redo them this spring. Not sure If I want to pay for powdercoat or try something else in my garage. I'd rather do it myself cuz its more fun and rewarding but I want something to last longer than the Duplicolour. The only reason I haven't used PD is I'm afraid of the chipping.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Everything on my car is dipped and has been for a year. Body is matte black and wheels are the dipyourcar.com exclusive Anthracite color. Wheels hold up awesome and do not chip. This stuff is rubber based, so it does not get super hard and thin like paint that would make it open to chips. 5-6 good solid coats and it will withstand a lot.

I drive my car about 50 miles a day, country to city driving and no real damage to speak of on the dip. Just do it!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I noticed your wheel look PD. How have they held up??? I used Duplicolour Black Chrome Out on my wheels and they are chipping and peeling to the point that I'll have to redo them this spring. Not sure If I want to pay for powdercoat or try something else in my garage. I'd rather do it myself cuz its more fun and rewarding but I want something to last longer than the Duplicolour. The only reason I haven't used PD is I'm afraid of the chipping.
Nice, that kind of answers my question on a thread I started here. Not meaning to thread jack but that's good info. :)

Might be doing the PD instead of my wheels. :rocker:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts