Charger Forums banner

Which V8 should I get R/T or SCAT Pack

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

1. For me it was a good deal. I had a set monthly payment I was not willing to go over when I bought my RT in 2018. Around $500. The car stickered at $40,000 and got it for around $35,000. Details escape me as it was 3 years ago. Fast forward to late April this year, car had 35000 miles and dealership offered $30,000. Keep in mind this was back in late April, the used car craziness wasnt as well known. I took the RT a couple times last year was lucky to get $24000 on trade with less miles. So yes, I took the first offer. I owed around $22000. Found my Scat with same color, alcantera, technology package. no sunroof. Stickered at $50000 and told me they would sell it to me for $45,000 and some change OTD. With my equity from my RT as a down payment I was able to keep
    my payment down and get the scat with more options. Accepting the fact I was starting my loan time over of course. Hope this explains thing a little better.
    Yeah I could have held out for a better deal but I new that F8 scat was in transit to the other dealer and didnt want to miss it. I'm happy
Does the $45,xxx include the ~$8,000 equity down? If not, that is a decent deal.

45000 was their price OTD. Before my equity down. I gave my credit union the equity $$ and they gave me a check to give to the dealership for the OTD price.
Probably making it sound more confusing than it actually was.
ahh, I was also forgetting..early in the year I believe dodge was offering $2.5k or $3k off. That would make a difference as well. It was already down to $2k off when I had ordered mine in May. As we had said, it’s currently at $1,500.

I'll make this simple for you. If you want to rag it out and get wild then a scat pack is what to get due to it being barely any price difference. The scat pack has the big brakes and a warranty to support the actual power which is 405-420whp and 375-400 tq. You can simply put a nice touring exhaust, better wheel and tires, pro kit springs, and it'll look great.

I on the other hand went from a Charger GT 2021 to a Charger RT 2018. This charger rt is faster than scat packs and srt-8's because it is built. full headers, exhaust, tires, custom tune, air intake, stage 3 boost cam 1 of 1 custom cut, full cam kit, thermostat, everything needed to make it faster than a scat pack plus I went from a no options Charger GT to a Fully optioned Charger RT. I got lucky because it was an even trade from a v6 to a fully optioned and built rt with a dealership warranty.

IG- Nitro_Scat

I'll also add, I daily drive my SRT and have for over 5 years now. I live in Pennsylvania so it sees all four seasons as well. The 6.4L is perfectly capable of handling being a DD as I am now at 146k miles.

I kind of get a little annoyed when I read the comments, "the 5.7 is more powerful than I will need 99% of the time so that's why I went with it." I almost read that as someone trying to make their justification for buying a 5.7 over a 392. If we were focusing on that, a 3.6 Pentastar is more power than you'll need 99% of the time. Heck, my 2.0 Jetta that I had as a beater had I think like 120hp and that was fine for everyday driving.

Again, you can't go wrong either way. But an SRT is fine as a daily driver. Heck you're even seeing used Hellcats now with over 100k miles. As long as you take care of something it'll be fine as a DD.

Reactions: Prange
Don't settle for the 5.7. With that said, I don't think it's a good time to buy a used Charger. I bought my Scat new last year and its worth 7k more now. I'd wait until the prices settle down again.

I've been daily driving my 2006 R/T Charger Daytona since I picked it up from the dealer in December 2005. It has over 130,000 miles and still going strong. Never had any major problems. I chose it because at the time of purchase it was the first year they brought the Charger back so my choices were the regular, R/T, or SRT. I wanted some performance, but for a daily driver also wanted the multi displacement the R/T offered to save on gas expenses. I love my car and will keep it going till I drive the wheels off.

I used my Scatpack as a daily driver for a 70 mile round trip highway commute. Loved it. Comfy and fast.

Would I buy another one? Probably not. Once you get past the fast and the looks, there's some niggly quality issues to contend with and two of the largest shareholders of the company that owns Dodge are now the French and CHINESE governments.

Stellantis - Wikipedia

If you're ok with that and don't mind the occasional quality challenge, it's a good highway cruiser.

Best,
So glad you could find a way to bring politics into this! SMH

Hi there! I was wondering if I should get a R/T Charger or a SCAT Charger as a daily driving vehicle? Most of my driving is highway miles, so I am not to worried about gas. In Florida(During COVID) I see a lot of used R/T Chargers that have 20k to 40k miles on them going for 29,000 to 35,000. I also see some used SCAT Chargers going for 38k to 43k. I test drove them both, I cant seem to decide what is the better car. I am coming from a 4cylinder Car to a V8. Also with my insurance company there isn't a difference in price between a R/T Charger and SCAT Charger.
I own a '19 Charger R/T black top + and it's an amazing and very fast vehicle but I must admit I will be ordering a spwb soon. The R/T is very fast and I'm sure is adequate for you. Mine goes 0-60 in 5.0 and top speed at 150 mphish. You'll be fine with that.

Both cars are great as Daily Driver.
And I would add SXT and GT here as well.

It basically all depends on:
1. Your budget
2. Do you have high performance expectation from a daily driver.

I use the 5.7 RT as daily and it amazing car. Would I have less restrictive budget - then why not SRT / SP?

But, what I've noticed , and someone said this already - the comfort is extremely important for daily car.
Loaded R/T will might be more attractive than very base SP..... it all very personal preferences.

FlyersHockey said it all. I don't think you will ever find a 392 owner who said "man I wish I had gotten an RT". I had an RT and was always wanting a 392. So I traded after 3 years with the RT and got my Scat. That was almost 6 years a go now and Ive never looked back. It's just a really fun car and a blast to drive in my opinion.

Reactions: Koron and Prange
FlyersHockey said it all. I don't think you will ever find a 392 owner who said "man I wish I had gotten an RT". I had an RT and was always wanting a 392. So I traded after 3 years with the RT and got my Scat. That was almost 6 years a go now and Ive never looked back. It's just a really fun car and a blast to drive in my opinion.
Yep, I've had a a 5.7L and a 6.4L. It is a night and day difference in terms of performance. The difference in terms of fuel economy is negligible. 1-2mpg difference.

Best,

Hi there! I was wondering if I should get a R/T Charger or a SCAT Charger as a daily driving vehicle? Most of my driving is highway miles, so I am not to worried about gas. In Florida(During COVID) I see a lot of used R/T Chargers that have 20k to 40k miles on them going for 29,000 to 35,000. I also see some used SCAT Chargers going for 38k to 43k. I test drove them both, I cant seem to decide what is the better car. I am coming from a 4cylinder Car to a V8. Also with my insurance company there isn't a difference in price between a R/T Charger and SCAT Charger.
I have owned both. A 2018 RT Daytona & currently a 2021 SPWB. The Daytona was fun & I loved it on long trips. In 2019 I drove it 6800 miles on a trip to the Northwest. Lots of people on here don't like adaptive cruise, but it is great coming down out of mountains. You don't have to worry about heating up your brakes. I recently returned from a trip to Colorado in my SPWB. It was also enjoyable to drive. Gas mileage wasn't as good as the Daytona, but I did enjoy shutting down a couple of Mustangs in Las Vegas, NM. Other than that I pretty much stayed light footed. I moved up from the 5.7 to the 6.4 because I wanted more power. I suspect you would want to do the same if you get the RT.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.