Charger Forums banner

Which V8 should I get R/T or SCAT Pack

Should I get R/T Charger or SCAT Pack Charger as a Daily Driver? COVID Car Buying

22K views 79 replies 33 participants last post by  Rex Racer 
I agree, I'd wait. No way I would pay $43k for a used Scat Pack with 30k miles on it. I paid $27,9 for my 2013 Super Bee in 2016 with 50k miles.

If it was up to me, I'm going 392 all day everyday over a 5.7. I had a fully optioned 2010 R/T and now drive a bare bones 392, and I'd take the power all day over some of the amenities that the loaded R/T had.

-no sunroof, didn't use it
-no power passenger seat, not my problem
-4.3 UConnect, use Waze anyway
-no heated seats, never used them once

The only thing I miss is the shiny leather seats BUT, the cloth to me are easier to keep nice. I also don't slide around in the slick leather like I did in my R/T.

Anyway, if you must, my vote is the 392.

Reactions: POWERMAN
I agree. $5,000 is nothing. The 392 is levels above the 5.7. The difference in power between the two is night and day. If you can afford the 392, you won't regret it.

The 5.7 is no slouch, but it's performance is average in today's world.

I honestly didn't see much of a difference in fuel mileage between my 5.7 and 6.4. I do have the NAG1 5 speed and not the 8 so maybe there is more of a difference in the 2015+.

Reactions: POWERMAN
I'll also add, I daily drive my SRT and have for over 5 years now. I live in Pennsylvania so it sees all four seasons as well. The 6.4L is perfectly capable of handling being a DD as I am now at 146k miles.

I kind of get a little annoyed when I read the comments, "the 5.7 is more powerful than I will need 99% of the time so that's why I went with it." I almost read that as someone trying to make their justification for buying a 5.7 over a 392. If we were focusing on that, a 3.6 Pentastar is more power than you'll need 99% of the time. Heck, my 2.0 Jetta that I had as a beater had I think like 120hp and that was fine for everyday driving.

Again, you can't go wrong either way. But an SRT is fine as a daily driver. Heck you're even seeing used Hellcats now with over 100k miles. As long as you take care of something it'll be fine as a DD.

Reactions: Prange
There's no comparison in power between a 5.7 and 6.4, but I've said it in other threads, with the exact same setup I liked the way my 5.7 sounded much better than my 392.

Reactions: Koron
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.