Charger Forums banner

Which V8 should I get R/T or SCAT Pack

Should I get R/T Charger or SCAT Pack Charger as a Daily Driver? COVID Car Buying

22K views 79 replies 33 participants last post by  Rex Racer 
Hi there! I was wondering if I should get a R/T Charger or a SCAT Charger as a daily driving vehicle? Most of my driving is highway miles, so I am not to worried about gas. In Florida(During COVID) I see a lot of used R/T Chargers that have 20k to 40k miles on them going for 29,000 to 35,000. I also see some used SCAT Chargers going for 38k to 43k. I test drove them both, I cant seem to decide what is the better car. I am coming from a 4cylinder Car to a V8. Also with my insurance company there isn't a difference in price between a R/T Charger and SCAT Charger.
I have owned both. A 2018 RT Daytona & currently a 2021 SPWB. The Daytona was fun & I loved it on long trips. In 2019 I drove it 6800 miles on a trip to the Northwest. Lots of people on here don't like adaptive cruise, but it is great coming down out of mountains. You don't have to worry about heating up your brakes. I recently returned from a trip to Colorado in my SPWB. It was also enjoyable to drive. Gas mileage wasn't as good as the Daytona, but I did enjoy shutting down a couple of Mustangs in Las Vegas, NM. Other than that I pretty much stayed light footed. I moved up from the 5.7 to the 6.4 because I wanted more power. I suspect you would want to do the same if you get the RT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.