Charger Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
That really sucks. I have discovered, however, it's not out of the realm. Dealers will pretty much sell anything at any time to anyone who shows up with the money ready to buy. I've been screwed on dealer trades twice this way where my dealer would contact another dealer who agreed to trade the vehicle, but then it was sold like an hour later, or the next day. I think that's unethical, but I'm told it's just the way it is. I think there should be some type of system where if a car has no interest, and someone calls to schedule a test drive, that gets honored and that person has first right of refusal or something.
At the same time there's no guarantee the person wanting the test drive is going to buy it and the other interested person might move on to something else and the car would sit there not being sold even longer.
Unless of course it was the dealer who wanted to wait a couple days on the test drive.

·
Registered
126 Posts
At the same time there's no guarantee the person wanting the test drive is going to buy it and the other interested person might move on to something else and the car would sit there not being sold even longer.
Unless of course it was the dealer who wanted to wait a couple days on the test drive.
Agreed - as much as it sucks, I don't think the dealer did anything wrong by selling the car to the first person that showed up with money in hand. Unless, of course, you put down a deposit.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Agreed - as much as it sucks, I don't think the dealer did anything wrong by selling the car to the first person that showed up with money in hand. Unless, of course, you put down a deposit.
I agree. The dealer wasn't at fault, the sales manager I was working with was not working on the day it was sold. Purely bad timing, for me.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Scat Packs are Hot right now I wouldn’t expect a dealer to hold a car based on a test drive.
Bite the bullet and pay for the car you want
You know the old saying
You snooze you lose !!!!
My car was on the lot 12 minutes before I bought it .
Did I get a great deal No however with the rebated bucks I got a ok deal.
The next Scat Pack the got lasted 2 days
Went to the dealership looking for a Scat Challenger but after seeing the Scat Charger and a test drive I knew I found my new ride.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
193 Posts
That really sucks. I have discovered, however, it's not out of the realm. Dealers will pretty much sell anything at any time to anyone who shows up with the money ready to buy. I've been screwed on dealer trades twice this way where my dealer would contact another dealer who agreed to trade the vehicle, but then it was sold like an hour later, or the next day. I think that's unethical, but I'm told it's just the way it is. I think there should be some type of system where if a car has no interest, and someone calls to schedule a test drive, that gets honored and that person has first right of refusal or something.
It's not unethical it's business, if you're that interested in the car prove it to them. Part of the reason I got the deal I did was when we agreed through email on the price I asked for a buy order and gave them 3 grand down on a credit card, woot woot rewards😂, but my point is that I wanted the car so I committed to it. I also had a buy order and a reciept for transfer of funds. If they sold the car out from under me I had legal recourse.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
193 Posts
Scat Packs are Hot right now I wouldn’t expect a dealer to hold a car based on a test drive.
Bite the bullet and pay for the car you want
You know the old saying
You snooze you lose !!!!
My car was on the lot 12 minutes before I bought it .
Did I get a great deal No however with the rebated bucks I got a ok deal.
The next Scat Pack the got lasted 2 days
Went to the dealership looking for a Scat Challenger but after seeing the Scat Charger and a test drive I knew I found my new ride. View attachment 297196
I love those stripes, nice car👍

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Snooze you lose is right with the car market right now. That being said, if you pull the trigger and things get back on track you could find yourself upside down by a lot if you're not putting much, if anything down. It's a gamble you have to be willing to take if you find the right vehicle that you want.

Reactions: chargin08
41 - 48 of 48 Posts