Charger Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Thanks for all the feedback. So if they offered $2k off in addition to the $4750 rebate, would that be a deal most of you could live with?

It's loaded with options:
Plus Group
Technology Group
Dynamics Package
Driver Convenience Group
Adaptive Suspension
Sunroof
Pirelli Summer Tires

On the sticker I saw that it was marked up almost $5k from MSRP, but they haven't tried pushing that price on me and after more discussions, they seem willing to negotiate... a little.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Are you sure 2021’s are flooding in? Not from what I’ve seen.

·
Registered
349 Posts
He had to drive 160 miles for the deal.
If you live out in the sticks that’s probably not surprising. There really isn’t much 2020 inventory and the 2021s that came in are mostly cleaned out. He also could be counting it as round trip, I’ve had to do those daily commutes in the past.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was looking at a heavily optioned 2020 Scat Pack today and the first price thrown at me was $55k after rebates and that includes TTL. It's exactly what I am looking for, but with the 2021's flooding in, should I expect the dealership be a little more eager to move 2020 models or is that wishful thinking? They basically offered no dealer discount, only the consumer cash rebate. Any advice on how to handle this to get a fair deal?
Wait for them to come out with power dollars again. All the car dealers sales are down.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback. So if they offered $2k off in addition to the $4750 rebate, would that be a deal most of you could live with?

It's loaded with options:
Plus Group
Technology Group
Dynamics Package
Driver Convenience Group
Adaptive Suspension
Sunroof
Pirelli Summer Tires

On the sticker I saw that it was marked up almost $5k from MSRP, but they haven't tried pushing that price on me and after more discussions, they seem willing to negotiate... a little.
That is basically the same build I got, except I didn't get the summer tires. I think MSRP should be about $51.5k, or so, right?

I ordered my car through a dealer that was willing to give me 4% below invoice which was about $4,300 off MSRP, in addition to the Power Dollars Rebate. However, no dealer I spoke to (and I spoke to many, all across the country) was willing to discount more than $2k or so off a car they already had on the lot.

At $2k off, it seems your dealer is willing to let it go for just about invoice pricing. So, off the bat, you're getting $6,850 ($4,850 rebate + $2k discount) MSRP, which I don't think is a bad deal at all. Basically, you're paying nearly $5k below invoice price. If you are a member of PenFed credit union or if your employer uses ADP for payroll, you might also be eligible for an additional coupon off of new Dodge vehicles. Last I checked, the PenFed discount is $1,000, and the ADP one is $500. This stacks on top of the Power Dollars, meaning you'd save up to a total of $7,350 - $7,850.

In my opinion, I think for mid-$40's, the car is an incredible value. I can't think of anything else you can buy for that price (new) that would come close - at least in terms of the overall package, i.e. size, looks, performance, features, etc.

I think the closest things in terms of performance would be something like a Mustang GT w/ GT Perf. Package or a 2SS Camaro, but those are much smaller cars and less comfortable as well albeit faster. Another option might be the Kia Stinger GT1 that also MSRP's for mid-$40's, but you'd be down on performance, and as much as people might look down on Dodge as a brand, I have to imagine that goes doubly for Kia (and I'm Korean). Also, I'm not sure the Kia is actually all that much nicer inside than the Dodge in terms of actual quality (although it probably looks it). In order to get something that has comparable performance and is actually more luxurious you'd probably have to get something like a BMW M340i - but that stickers for mid-high $50's and I doubt you get the dealers to sell it for less than low $50k's. So, now you're at $5k+ more that the Charger for a slightly smaller car, and still slower (in a straight line). I think you probably need to step up to something like the M550i to match the performance and space, but then you're well into Hellcat territory in terms of price.

tl;dr, mid-$40k's is a deal I could live with, assuming you like the car.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks for all the feedback. I spoke with the sales mgr on Tuesday about the deal, we set up a test drive on Thursday, when I got there to test drive it, I found out it was sold on Weds after sitting on the lot for months. Someone drove off with a great car. Maybe someone caught wind of it here or it was purely coincidental. Either way, didn't work out in my favor this time. Oh well, on to the next one.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback. I spoke with the sales mgr on Tuesday about the deal, we set up a test drive on Thursday, when I got there to test drive it, I found out it was sold on Weds after sitting on the lot for months. Someone drove off with a great car. Maybe someone caught wind of it here or it was purely coincidental. Either way, didn't work out in my favor this time. Oh well, on to the next one.
How far are you willing to travel ?
Go on CarGurus looks like over 200 2020 Scat Packs nationwide

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
How far are you willing to travel ?
Go on CarGurus looks like over 200 2020 Scat Packs nationwide
I am working on closing a deal about 150 miles from me. MSRP is over $55k after rebate and dealer discount, got it down to $48k. More than I wanted to spend, but it's over 2% below invoice. I guess that's a decent deal.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
193 Posts
Just for an idea, I bought my 19 right when the 20s were coming out. My sticker was 49 with TT and fees. I paid 36,500 OTD. I had to travel to get that deal, but it was worth it. I bought it in DC at Safford.

Reactions: Koron

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Just for an idea, I bought my 19 right when the 20s were coming out. My sticker was 49 with TT and fees. I paid 36,500 OTD. I had to travel to get that deal, but it was worth it. I bought it in DC at Safford.
Wow, that is a definitely a deal worth traveling for!

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
1,122 Posts
Why the summer tires? Unless you're going on a track, they're not very...flexible (figuratively speaking).

·
Registered
42 Posts
That really sucks. I have discovered, however, it's not out of the realm. Dealers will pretty much sell anything at any time to anyone who shows up with the money ready to buy. I've been screwed on dealer trades twice this way where my dealer would contact another dealer who agreed to trade the vehicle, but then it was sold like an hour later, or the next day. I think that's unethical, but I'm told it's just the way it is. I think there should be some type of system where if a car has no interest, and someone calls to schedule a test drive, that gets honored and that person has first right of refusal or something.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts