Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at a heavily optioned 2020 Scat Pack today and the first price thrown at me was $55k after rebates and that includes TTL. It's exactly what I am looking for, but with the 2021's flooding in, should I expect the dealership be a little more eager to move 2020 models or is that wishful thinking? They basically offered no dealer discount, only the consumer cash rebate. Any advice on how to handle this to get a fair deal?

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
876 Posts
You show genuine interest then disappointment in the price. Then let them know your gonna go check out other dealerships to try to get a better deal. Sometimes it works sometimes you walk. If the deal isn't good enough then walk.
Some dealers do a better job than others.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
To answer your question, shopping around is the best way to handle it.

Reactions: N8ECH

·
Registered
2020 Charger SXT Plus AWD - Frostbite/Black
110 Posts
There's probably about $2,000 between MSRP and invoice. Offer that, settle somewhere in the middle, and everyone will be happy,

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just remember the Charger/Challenger factory is shut down right now, so the 2021s will not be flooding anything.

Since there are no cars being built right now, I bet the dealers sit on the ones they have.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I agree, I think your either going to pay that price or they're going to let the car sit. In a 40 mile radius from me right now, and in an hour outside of Philly, there are a total of 6 new Scat Packs available, 2 of which are the Widebody. With the plant being shutdown again, now is not the time if you're looking for savings, especially not on a Scat Pack. If it was an SXT probably, but not one of the 8 cylinders.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
I agree, I think your either going to pay that price or they're going to let the car sit. In a 40 mile radius from me right now, and in an hour outside of Philly, there are a total of 6 new Scat Packs available, 2 of which are the Widebody. With the plant being shutdown again, now is not the time if you're looking for savings, especially not on a Scat Pack. If it was an SXT probably, but not one of the 8 cylinders.
Exactly. I doubt there are any deals to be had when people are selling used Scatpacks for almost as much as they cost when they were new. So the question the original poster needs to ask themself is this...."Is it worth an extra couple of thousand dollars to me to have the car now or would I prefer to wait 3-6 months (or potentially longer)?" Life is short. :) Unless, of course, you're like many people and borrowing money to buy a car you probably can't really afford. If you're one of them...you may want to wait for the best price so you're only getting partially bent over the sofa instead of having your ankles by your ears. Just sayin... :p

Best,

Reactions: FlyersHockey

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
To put it mildly, Hell No!!!!!!!!! The dealerships love you!!!!!!! :)
They're loving everyone right now. Used car prices are sky high and inventory is low. If he wants the car, he's probably going to have to pay the premium now. There's barely 1,000 new Scat Pack regular body cars for sale new in the entire US right now.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
876 Posts
They're loving everyone right now. Used car prices are sky high and inventory is low. If he wants the car, he's probably going to have to pay the premium now. There's barely 1,000 new Scat Pack regular body cars for sale new in the entire US right now.
It's been bad for months.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would find another dealer. This has been the case with me for the last three cars. There's just no way to know which dealers are wanting to sell cars and which dealers are more concerned with making the most money. With the order I just made, the difference between msrp and invoice is about 1900. I would certainly expect the dealer to come down off msrp. I don't know if we are in a market where you can demand to pay invoice (for which they still would make some cash), but I think you need to work a couple dealers against each other.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Price depends on your options and how far your willing to travel.
Less than 300 Scat Packs nation wide
Go on Car Gurus
If you think there is only 2k between invoice and MSRP you are mistaken.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I would find another dealer. This has been the case with me for the last three cars. There's just no way to know which dealers are wanting to sell cars and which dealers are more concerned with making the most money. With the order I just made, the difference between msrp and invoice is about 1900. I would certainly expect the dealer to come down off msrp. I don't know if we are in a market where you can demand to pay invoice (for which they still would make some cash), but I think you need to work a couple dealers against each other.
Dealers concerned with selling cars vs dealers looking to make the most money?? The name of the game is to make the most money while selling the car. What are you negotiating against when there is hardly any Scat Packs available. If you don't buy, someone else will. This is not a buyers market. If you order to your specs, you'll be waiting 6 months for your 2021. If you find a 2020 that has everything you want, good luck negotiating when there is nothing else compatible for 500+ miles or more. If there was a surplus of 392s like there was a few years ago, the deals were everywhere. You were seeing a GoMango or the like green being sold OTD for $33k. Now your seeing regular Scat Packs selling for $55k. If people pay it, the dealer will tell you bye and smiling because 392s aren't staying on the lots.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Price depends on your options and how far your willing to travel.
Less than 300 Scat Packs nation wide
Go on Car Gurus
If you think there is only 2k between invoice and MSRP you are mistaken.
I am? What do you think the difference is between them? And do you have any paperwork showing it?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dealers concerned with selling cars vs dealers looking to make the most money?? The name of the game is to make the most money while selling the car. What are you negotiating against when there is hardly any Scat Packs available. If you don't buy, someone else will. This is not a buyers market. If you order to your specs, you'll be waiting 6 months for your 2021. If you find a 2020 that has everything you want, good luck negotiating when there is nothing else compatible for 500+ miles or more. If there was a surplus of 392s like there was a few years ago, the deals were everywhere. You were seeing a GoMango or the like green being sold OTD for $33k. Now your seeing regular Scat Packs selling for $55k. If people pay it, the dealer will tell you bye and smiling because 392s aren't staying on the lots.
Maybe I should rephrase: Some dealers are more customer centered than others. I buy and trade cars fairly often and in the past 8 years I haven't bought from the first dealer I went to because they weren't willing to work with me and/or treated me like an idiot. So I went to other dealers and got much better deals on the same vehicle. I'm sure we've all had different experiences, but I'm sharing mine.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Maybe I should rephrase: Some dealers are more customer centered than others. I buy and trade cars fairly often and in the past 8 years I haven't bought from the first dealer I went to because they weren't willing to work with me and/or treated me like an idiot. So I went to other dealers and got much better deals on the same vehicle. I'm sure we've all had different experiences, but I'm sharing mine.
Makes sense.

·
Registered
28 Posts
depends on location, how long its been sitting on their lot, and if the color/options are desirable.

Before I bought my 2020 Scat, I window shopped for 4-6 months keeping in eye on local inventory to see when they put a dealer discount on it and how fast they sell. I notice white, silver, and black colors tend to sit longer and are tougher to sell than say, smoke show, both blues, orange mango, red, etc. If its got attractive options (ie: plus group, dynamics, audio upgrade), then yeah, those are harder to bargain than a no option scat. Given its already 2021 and there are $3000 rebates on 2021 models, I would still push for a dealer discount of at least $1000-2000 on top of rebates. My .02.

·
Registered
40 Posts
depends on location, how long its been sitting on their lot, and if the color/options are desirable.

Before I bought my 2020 Scat, I window shopped for 4-6 months keeping in eye on local inventory to see when they put a dealer discount on it and how fast they sell. I notice white, silver, and black colors tend to sit longer and are tougher to sell than say, smoke show, both blues, orange mango, red, etc. If its got attractive options (ie: plus group, dynamics, audio upgrade), then yeah, those are harder to bargain than a no option scat. Given its already 2021 and there are $3000 rebates on 2021 models, I would still push for a dealer discount of at least $1000-2000 on top of rebates. My .02.
good job on the research. What I've experienced this time, and probably due to the shortage of vehicles, is that the cheaper ones go fast. There are a lot more 50K+ cars on lots in my area than cars in the 40s.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
1,122 Posts
In the immortal words of Jack Nicholson, "You never trust a ****, never pass up a bathroom, and never pay asking price."

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi new to the forum, just purchased a 2020 Frostbite Scatpack from Franklin Ma(just outside Boston). They took a clean $7000 off $44900 sticker with rebates and discounts plus top dollar for my Ram 1500. Had to drive a hundred sixty miles for the car but it was worth it. They still have a few more in stock at similar discounts.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts