Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a drawing I threw together based on what I had heard about the looks of the production Charger. Sorry about the cartoonish look.

·
Registered
43 Posts
A friend tells me this very close to the real thing :)

I think this is from car-truck.com .I really miss that page. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
How far back does that pic go? It's weird because it shows hell of alot of resemblance to the new Viper. I really hope the next Charger doesn't look like that, it should look more like the old charger rather than the new viper.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I not really sure as to the age of the pic .I would guess about 2 years. I have heard descriptions that say it has a viper front grill area or something that resembles it . I had also heard that the back end is close to the 99 concept but with some minor changes . I agree with you that it should identify with the old Charger . :)
Here is a Quote from the car-truck.com page :

Wether it will carry the Charger badge or perhaps another Dodge performance name (Challenger for example) is still unknown. The only thing I know for sure, is that it will be a modern take on the classic RWD muscle car and that V8 power will be available. My source promises that Mopar muscle car fans "will not be disappointed." Barring any major changes, the Dodge Muscle Car will be showing up in 2005.

With so many rumors bouncing around it hard to tell what the truth is . :(

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm beginning to wonder if all of the varying rumors are by design either to keep us in the dark about the real vehicle or to throw out a bunch of ideas and see if any catch on and seem popular. One thing I found out today - the engineers at SEMA were not talking about the car at all.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I believe your right . I remember one pic that was on car-truck.com that showed the Charger red with a retro front end with a “harmonica grill” similar to the one you drew. I have looked my hard drive over trying to find it but so far I cant find it . Does any one out there have the pic?
After seeing the new retro mustang I wonder if that might be the direction the Charger might take . If done correctly that would be fantastic ! :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Based on new information I found on other forums I made this first attempt in photoshop (please don’t laugh to hard :) I know its crude ) pic .

Its based on the previous pic I posted with a ESX front end .I thought it might promote ideals. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like a damn good job to me! I've got no Photoshop skills at all. Did you read the info on dodgeintrepid.net about the rear being longer than the Airflite's and the sides not as sculpted? I had been thinking of using the Airflite as a starting point and adding the ESX like you did.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks!!!! :) I really not good at this at all . I did one more pic with the B-pillar moved back .

When I get a chance Ill try one useing the AirFlite and smooth the sides . :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
I need to have him do the Dakota for everyone before the auto show to bust some DCx bubbles. LOL

Hey, who leaked the 6.1 ltr engine pic? Man, someone is going to get it. Just add the whipple unit from the MAgnum concept and wholla!!!

58Hawk, you need to reskew the 6.1 pic for the blower unit.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hemidakota said:
Damn close to the development vehicle. Kudos....

2FD + 2 SD for ease of accessing the rear.

I need to have him do the Dakota for everyone before the auto show to bust some DCx bubbles. LOL

I will post this to the SRT-4 site under 05 chargers rumors.

Hey, who leaked the 6.1 ltr engine pic? Man, someone is going to get it. Just add the whipple unit from the MAgnum concept and wholla!!!

58Hawk, you need to reskew the 6.1 pic for the blower unit.
You're ducking the question! :) Which pic looks more accurate: the first one (looks more like 4 doors) or the second one (looks more like 2 doors plus 1/2 doors)?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
58Hawk - can you take the following info from http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showth...2740#post362740 and make another stab at it?

Basicly 58Hawk's work is on a Car and Driver mag story which was then posted on Car-Truck.com. I believe this to be what once might have been, sorta pre-Daimler. With all the cost cutting/savings going on I would think the Charger would be closer in appearance to the Airfite where it would share more of the Magnum/300C parts. For the Charger to be as sleek as 58Hawks rendition you'ld be talkin an almost totally different car.

I might attempt a chop and if I do I'll be using the below drawings of the Airflite as a base.

There's also some other info about the looks of the Charger earlier in that thread.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well this is very quick and dirty . :D An Airflite with a ESX3 front end. If I took more time I could do a better job but here goes :) .
Click here

Ill try and find some better pics to play with :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
One more try this one is a little better .I tried to blend thing a little better. This one has 4doors and other small details.
Also Thanks! for all the kind comments :D

Click here

·
Registered
291 Posts
MOPARMAN, I am sorry but can't say anything else. Received a call early tonight (left message) from 'the friend' and some folks are unhappy (hint) on what is transpiring on various forums. Even this forum is monitored.

Hawk, kudos bro....do one on the Dakota.

However things will transpire soon starting 04...catch my drift?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gotcha. Did you say earlier that you're talking to the same PVO honcho that I spoke with at SEMA? If so, they are very interested in stopping the spread of info via message boards on line. I'm sure they're all pissed about the photo of the orange 6.1L Hemi that's making the rounds!

·
Registered
40 Posts
You are correct....

It will take sometime to find that individual and he/she may as well plan for the unemployment line in the forseeable futue.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts