Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 Daytona I just bought koni orange shocks and struts I got the struts on but the shocks don't look like they fit I just read online that the Daytona have self leveling shocks not like the r/t but when I ordered the guy told me these would fit all charger's I don't think so because these are not self leveling? and also if they don't fit will it be ok to just keep the new struts on and not change the shocks will it ride different where im not putting the same strut and shock on all four corner's

·
Registered
859 Posts
There's no problem in replacing self-leveling shocks with ones that are not. In fact many people make this change, particularly when changing springs.

Do you know the part numbers of your Koni's?

·
Registered
859 Posts
The rear Koni shocks (8050-1049) should work, but you may need a new upper shock mount for them to fit correctly after you remove the Nivomats.

Also, the self-adjusting springs may have different rates from "regular" springs. I suspect this would have an effect on the performance of the Konis and perhaps is the reason they exclude self-leveling applications.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts