Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a post on the Brampton link that says the estimated ship date means the car is shipped to the decal vendor (for the Daytona's) and could take another 2 weeks before it gets shipped from them to our dealers. With that being said it probably means it could take another 30 days from where Chrysler tells us our est. ship date before we see our cars. :cry:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
RT-DAYTONA-RT said:
I read a post on the Brampton link that says the estimated ship date means the car is shipped to the decal vendor (for the Daytona's) and could take another 2 weeks before it gets shipped from them to our dealers. With that being said it probably means it could take another 30 days from where Chrysler tells us our est. ship date before we see our cars. :cry:

It is a real ship date.... but not the final ship date... LOL

The date they give you is when it will leave the plant, and yes, for a Daytona add another 2 weeks for the cars trek to Windsor to get the decals and such applied.....

Regular R/T buyers are not affected by this... only us Daytona R/T guys...

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yep - thats my understanding. My sales manager told me expect at least 2 weeks from the time DCX tells a ship date. The Daytona's go to Windsor for the decal package, then ships to the dealers from Windsor.

What I don't understand is if it's just for decals they can't apply these in Brampton? Why ship the car to another location just for decals.....?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know, it is a bunch of Bull S**T, and it kind of pisses me off.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ah Windsor..... how i do miss Brador beer and the pole dancers there....

Potsie

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
with all due respect... the daytona is a special production, and the Daytona Package will change... it is more cost effective for DCX to have the decals applied at GROUND EFFECTS in Windsor, then for them to add a station that will change every 8,000 cars...

I am just happy that my Daytona is coming... if it takes 2 weeks longer for my order then if I had ordered a regular R/T... so be it... it is a special production trim

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
My RT was shipped out of Brampton on the 5th and according to DCX customer service it is sitting in storage. They can not tell me when it will be shipped. All they can say is it should ship within 12 days.
I don't know when that 12 days start because they told me the same thing Monday and today.
________
LIVE SEX

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It goes to show, the customer service dept. at Chrysler has no clue!! I called for another update this morning because my Daytona was supposed to be built last Friday, well it sounds like it has not because I am still in D1. They told me my est. ship date is the 16th, so I should have it around the 26th. So I said "what about the Daytona's that are being shipped to holding in Windsor for the decals, doesn't that take another 2 weeks or so"? She said no that everything is done at Brampton and I should have the car by the end of the month with no problem. I cannot believe that we the consumer know more about the build process than the Chrysler employee, so my question is WHERE THE HELL IS MY PAY CHECK CHRYSLER??????????

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
RT-DAYTONA-RT said:
, so my question is WHERE THE HELL IS MY PAY CHECK CHRYSLER??????????
They're gonna use it to increase the pay of the person you talked to. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts