Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure it's been asked at one point or another, but is a manual transmission swap actually possible in a modern Charger? In my opinion it seems like it should be considering the Challenger is available in manual and the two cars are supposed to be built on the same platform. I know it would be a pretty extensive and expensive project but if you have all the right parts from a doner car, could it work? Sadly, the days of swapping in new parts, starting it up and driving off are a thing of the past, but I feel like it could work or maybe I'm just a dreamer. To me, a 6 speed and a clutch are the only things missing in my Charger. Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
859 Posts
I'm sure it could be done! All you need is a pile of money to invest, access to a fully equipped automotive shop, plenty of time to expend, and lots of patience to deal with unanticipated problems and glitches.

If you really want a sporty four door sedan with a manual transmission, it would make much more sense to look at an Audi or BMW.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe, but I happen to be quite fond of my Charger lol

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll put it on the list for when I win the lottery

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
If you drive your Charger in Autostick mode it's almost like driving with a manual 5-speed transmission. The major difference being there's no clutch pedal to push. The other difference with Autostick is that if you don't manually downshift - it will downshift automatically as the speed drops down into the lower gear ranges. Autostick will also upshift automatically when you reach redline ... unless you are in Sport Mode (29R - Charger R/T Road & Track option).
Autostick in Sport Mode will not automatically upshift at redline.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts