Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so when i bought the car the previouys owner told me the car was stolen and that i would need to get a new tcm. so a month after buying the car... i hop in to go to school and the car wont change gears. the shifter will move from park to drive, but the actual car wont seem to recognize it and stays in park. help please.. i dont want this too cost a lot of money...

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
so when i bought the car the previouys owner told me the car was stolen and that i would need to get a new tcm. so a month after buying the car... i hop in to go to school and the car wont change gears. the shifter will move from park to drive, but the actual car wont seem to recognize it and stays in park. help please.. i dont want this too cost a lot of money...
If they told you that you need a TCM,then that could be your problem.You may want to get it diagnosed to make sure its the TCM,and not a wiring problem,or ground problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they told you that you need a TCM,then that could be your problem.You may want to get it diagnosed to make sure its the TCM,and not a wiring problem,or ground problem.
gonna take it up to autozone first thing in the am

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
If it's the TCM it will cost you at least $200.00 if you do it yourself.

Just curious, if it won't recognize you putting it in drive/reverse and it stays in park, how are you going to drive it to Autozone?

If it is a intermittent problem, my bad.........

BTW, my car does something similar with the transmission, but mine does it only after the engine stalls. I have the infamous stalling problem. I'm replacing the TCM today to see if it fixes the intermittent stallling and/or dead transmission after the stalling.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if i recrank it, sometimes it works.. but 8 out of 10 times the shifter wont actualy change the gears.... btw, where are you getting your tcm from, i couldnt find any for the 3.5 online...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts