Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have a retro hurst shifter handle I want to put in my Daytona, it has been in my brother's 69 Roadrunner and my old 69 Chevelle. The problem is that I want to make a custom shaft to with a bit of curve to it.

SSooooo, how the heck do I get the shaft off too? I pulled the trim and surround off and even took the shifter about 1/2 way apart, it seems like the shifter shaft is just threaded in at the other end to and should just twist out, can anyone confirm this?

I looked through the online tech manual but could not find any info on maintnenace/repair for the shifter unit other than electronics diagnoses.

A little help???

thanks!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
C'mon' somebody knows this....

anyone?....anyone?....Bueller?...Bueller?

·
Registered
686 Posts
to get the shaft out you must disassemble the entire shifter mechanism . The lower end of the shaft is molded into a plastic part that allows the shaft to move up and down and side to side (autostick) . I dout you will be able to replace the shaft with a new one because of the piece on the lower end , now you may be a ble to modify the current shaft to what you need .

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats about what I was thinking, I suppose I could order a shaft from my dealer and modify it to fit the bill and just swap them out.

thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts