Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I am looking at changing the stock shift handle and am trying to find any documents on how it comes off. I felt the front of the base where it connects and it feels like there may be a small set screw. Does anyone have anything that says if you just screw it off, or is there a set screw that holds it on.
Just askin'

Thanks All

Lammy

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you find out how it comes off let me know too. And then where do find a replacement? I think the current shift knob is weak, would of liked a more sportier version
thanks
greedo

·
Registered
60 Posts
lxguru said:
no screws hold it on , the knob just twists off . Turn in counter clockwise and it will screw off .
Only the plastic sleeve at the base of the knob twists...then firmly pull up on the shifter knob. Twisting the entire thing will break it and then you can't sell it later on e-bay.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
amcguru said:
Only the plastic sleeve at the base of the knob twists...then firmly pull up on the shifter knob. Twisting the entire thing will break it and then you can't sell it later on e-bay.
Thanks all. Yet again the forum comes through... :goth: Looks like all I need to do now is find a nice 8 Ball Knob.

·
Registered
74 Posts
what about a pistol grip shifter?? i think it would look pretty sharp in it, i saw on a site(i forget which one) that they make this for the srt-4 also, just not sure about the charger, just my opinion.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have any pics of it. It sounds very interesting. Also What does the group think of this. The chrome rectangle that frames the shift comes off easily. I am doing the HEMI and the RT emblem in red, a la old school Charger. I was thinking of doing the chrome piece over in gloss red to add some color inside. What do you think. I have the "so tough to keep clean" Black...

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
here is a pic I got from a guy on LXforums.com who went with a pistol grip shifter and had a custom shift boot made for it...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Where did you get it and how much? I like it a lot more than that cane looking thing above your post,also can you get the U connect feature from other places than dealer?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
What is the size of the thread pattern for the shifter? and the length required?
also does it have a button to push?

thanks

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
ltdodge said:
What is the size of the thread pattern for the shifter? and the length required?
also does it have a button to push?

thanks

not sure on the thread size.... but no there is no button to push

1 - 20 of 36 Posts