Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dodge just killed my dream of a red stitched shift knob so i want to see what u guys have!:beerchug:

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
BT FTW. :rocker:
Black anodized pistol grip.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
BT

Black Anodized Pistol Grip engraved with "HEMI"

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I went with the really old school, yet still color matching, pool ball shifter knob. Since my '07 doesn't have the threaded shifter, few minutes with a micrometer and a drill press and this became my favorite DIY low-cost mod. :eek: Sig link has more pictures and information.

I went to a local billards place and rather sheepishly asked if they sold just one pool ball. The reply was "sure, what color do you want?" and then they came out with a dozen from which to choose. I was able to pick out one which was the best color match and made sure it had the number painted on (and hence was able to be removed) instead of having it permanently inside the resin.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Hey Robin what's up? :slap:

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Think Billet tech would make one with this on it... I think it would make an awesome knob, sorry OP... my Knob is still stock but I want to swap it.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
They can but it will be all silver like mine. You will see the black line in between the two logos. That logo is probably the coolest part of that movie. Haha. I've always thought that Robin logo was bad a$$. You should get it super huge on your hood. Flat black for the bat symbol and a torred like color for the Robin logo. Rider could pull that off.

·
Registered
312 Posts
So don't these billet aluminum shifters get REALLY warm in the summer and REALLY cold in the winter? I know that you only need to touch it for a second, but I have a tendency to rest my hand there while I am driving. Either way, they all look SWEET!

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
I went with the really old school, yet still color matching, pool ball shifter knob. Since my '07 doesn't have the threaded shifter, few minutes with a micrometer and a drill press and this became my favorite DIY low-cost mod. :eek: Sig link has more pictures and information.

I went to a local billards place and rather sheepishly asked if they sold just one pool ball. The reply was "sure, what color do you want?" and then they came out with a dozen from which to choose. I was able to pick out one which was the best color match and made sure it had the number painted on (and hence was able to be removed) instead of having it permanently inside the resin.

I did the same thing, sorta... I bought a Cue-ball off eBay and drilled/tapped it (I have an '06 with the threaded shift knob). Then, had the bodyshop paint match it to my car when I had the front end repainted.

Shortly after, a few other members had me do some for them... I had to test fit them in my car first. I forget who had what...

I'm not sure how to make them for the non-threaded version...

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
I've never had much of a problem and I've seen sub zero temps and above 90 degrees. It will adjust to the car temp in a hurry. The shifter is hot in the sun but cools down quickly.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I've never had much of a problem and I've seen sub zero temps and above 90 degrees. It will adjust to the car temp in a hurry. The shifter is hot in the sun but cools down quickly.
Right I figured it would change quickly due to aluminum's thermal properties, but I didn't know if you had any problems toasting your hands on the thing.

Good to know thanks for the info. Maybe I'll have to get one after all.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mopar Ball

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I'll have to find the picture I took of mine, but it's the black "Handful" from Stack Performance. I like it a little better than the BT because the edges aren't as sharp, but both are great choices.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I just bought lastnite the "T" handle shifter from BT in red with the R/T logo on the top...!Here is the one i bought minus the logo on top..!

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts

1 - 20 of 47 Posts