Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 charger 3.6l v6... First issue I really had was the fuel pump a few months back.... Replaced and she was running great. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago she suddenly started idling rough and stalled. Cut it right back on and drove home no issue. Read codes for O2 sensors so changed all 4. Then she really started acting funny... After a little research I ended up replacing the MAP sensor, cam and crankshaft sensors, sea foamed the air intake and then she drove fine. Next day, hit the road CEL came on again, code was for bank 1 sensor 2...thought that was weird but replaced that one again and she ran like a good little girl for all of 2 hours. The CEL came on blinking so I immediately parked at home (was only down the street). New codes were 0052 and related for all 4 sensors.... Reset and cleared codes and then only 2 of the same codes appears... 0052, 0032.....is it possible it's the pcm? Any help is appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
How many miles, how old are the spark plugs, and have you had the battery load tested? All this craziness could be a failing battery.

Don

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
175k, spark plugs new this year and battery was tested and great.... I thought the same about the battery too until it came back fine. Thanks for your response!

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Are all the relays and wiring ok?
I was reading up on this guy's experience the other day...

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
You threw a bunch of parts in there all at once. I get that it's a frustrating situation. Were all or at least some of the sensors oem? Our Chargers are kind of partial to oem when it comes to such things.
As far as the PCM being it, could be anything.

How long ago was the battery checked? If it was more than a couple of weeks, and its not new or nearly so, I would test it again. Replacing the 02's at 170k+ was reasonable after seeing the codes. Are the new ones oem? If not, that might be part of the picture.

Don

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are all the relays and wiring ok?
I was reading up on this guy's experience the other day...

I haven't checked the relays but wires seemed fine... I'll have a look again in the morning. Thank you for the article, it's got some wheels spinning now!

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
A couple of forum members have cured drivability problems by replacing the ASD relay -- I would swap a couple around and see if the problem changes, if so get a new relay- they are cheap.

·
Registered
45 Posts
175k, spark plugs new this year and battery was tested and great.... I thought the same about the battery too until it came back fine. Thanks for your response!
You might want to get a second opinion on that battery. Mine tested fine too the first time I went and had it checked. After having it tested again a couple of weeks later and having it come up faulty it was found to be cracked and leaking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So a little update... Ended up exchanging aftermarket sensors for the OE O2 sensors.... She's been driving alright the past 2 days without a stall, mostly idling smooth. Started getting a little "rumbly" last night while idling and drove again today same story. Shes also not accelerating as quick as before either so no idea what's up with that.... I'm appreciating all the I out guys, thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
If it were me I'd probably try replacing the relay as mentioned above and if that doesn't get it I would strongly suspect the PCM. I wish I could trade mine for a 1968 model, but I haven't won the lottery so no luck there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts