Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Nice job! what did you use to get rid of the fins? I hate how hard it is to keep that part clean.....

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Nice job! what did you use to get rid of the fins? I hate how hard it is to keep that part clean.....
Not sure how he did it, but what I would do is one of two things, either use an Xacto Knife and slow cut through the fins and sand down, or two use a dremel tool and cut it out that way.

By the way, it looks great!

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Nice job! Now lets see it under the hood.

·
Registered
320 Posts
It came out great bro, how did you paint it & what did you use?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! I used a small air tool with a sanding wheel to grind down the fins but you have to becareful when you get down to the bottom so you don't dig in to the flat surface. The paint I used was gloss black Krylon Fusion that bonds to plastic it is a superbonding paint and dries in less than 15 minutes.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
wow, nice job..:beerchug: no clear on it, just staight plastic gloss black

another one to be added the the free + inexpensive mod thread
no need for a $300 aluminum piece

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Very nice...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looking good, I think we need to take the paint cans away from you now. Just kidding--everything that you have done looks great.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Man that looks so good,did you have to use a primer with that paint?

·
Registered
320 Posts
What type of sand paper did you use to sand it before you painted it? I was thinking of doing so myself in maybe a deep blue

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Wounder how this paint would hold up on the intake????????? Any body up for trying it out?

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
that sure look purdy!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Thats SHARP..Now I gotta find a close match to Inferno Red and Detonator Yellow

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Color selection on the Fusion paint is slim, go to www.krylon.com to check it out

1 - 20 of 31 Posts