Charger Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a case of the moles and my car seat was not latching in place. My car is just a little over a month old so I took it to the dealer. They said they had to order the parts and I could not take my car due to a safety hazard with the seat. I kindly asked him if I could just take my car and wait for the parts to come in. After he talked to his boss all was well and I got to take my car home. Well 13 days passed and no one has called me so I call and they say my parts are in. They told me it will be 3 days top. Next day I get a call and they said they got the wrongs parts in. Well this goes on for about 2 weeks while they have my car.

When I go to pick my car up there is grease all over the side and bottom panels. There are also bad nicks in the plastic panels and my dash was sticking up in the corner. The manager fixed the corner and had someone clean the panels. But the scrapes were still there along with a nice scrape in the paint that went all the way to the metal. So now I have to go back and get the panels replaced and the scratch fixed.

This is becoming a huge run around. I almost don’t want to take it in because im afraid that they will mess up other stuff.

There is also 2 small rubs on the new dash…but I really don’t want them to have my car that long again to fix it.

Has anyone else had problems like this?

Thanks for letting me vent.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have had similar problems with my dealer. I went to get some warranty work done about 3 months ago. They said they had to order all the parts which included relay for my back windows, side moldings where paint was coming off, and side panels right behind the rear side windows. Well 2 1/2 months go by and I here nothing other than when I went to get my oil changed and they said they were waiting on the relay. I wanted done all the same time. Anyways another 15 days or so go by and I finally get a message from them saying they are going send my parts back if I dont schedule a time to do the work. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I get pissed call them up make a appointment for that friday. Well friday rolls around and the work takes about 2 1/2 hours to do. I had told the manager I didnt want the side moldings back on but I still wanted them painted just in case I do later on. I go pick up the car and its sitting off in the distance. I approach the counter and they go over what they did to the car, including that the two rear molding hadnt been painted yet and they woudl do that as soon as possible. Never did they walk to the car with me to show me the work they had done. Well, I make my way out to the car and see they removed the side moldings looks good but really didnt clean the doors off to good. The plastic molding behind the windows was replaced and looked fine and the back windows finally roll down.
I take it to the house and take clay bar to the doors and compound and wax. There are small nix on the door that wasnt there before but I can get over it. Well I pop the trunk and there sits all four side moldings unpainted and just chillin there in the back of my car.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I get pissed again and its to late to go back to the dealer. So I woke up sat and headed right up to the counter. The lady asked if she could help me and I responded " Yeah what did you guys tell me yesterday about my side moldings". She says we have two of them sent off to get painted at the collision center. Me " oh well thats funny that I got every last one of them in my trunk unpainted". Her face priceless. They continued to apologize but I wasnt taking it because these people seem to piss me off all the time and communication there sucks. Sorry for the long post and thats the short version.......:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts