Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've notice that my car shakes when I am just sitting at a light or stop. I was wondering if it is normal and if it happens to anyone else. I actaully said something about it to the dealership when I was getting an oil change and they couldn't feel it. It doesn't happen all the time. Thanks guys in advance.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have experienced something that feels like another car has bumped me from behind while sitting at a light and there is no other car behind me. It usually happens if I came to an abrupt stop. The car shakes a little. Is this similar to what you are feeling? I have this on my list for the stealership service guys to look at when she goes in for her first service.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I have experienced something that feels like another car has bumped me from behind while sitting at a light and there is no other car behind me.
That happens to me too! Weird!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya, thats what it is. I have told them about it and they can't find it. What should I do?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Its all that power under the hood trying to get out!!!!!! No really though I dont know! Take it in to them and have one of the guys ride around with you for a little bit, that way when it happens they will feel it.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
mine shimmys pretty hard in the morning until it hits operating temperature. The problem is expecially pronounced lately with the drop in morning temperatures and all this dew everywhere. As such, this means the dealer will never be able to repeat it unless he drives the car when it's cold... and that's likely to never happen.

It is "normal" - I think all cars run a bit rich and loopy when they're getting warmed up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My car also shakes when I stop at a light or stop sign. Then someone asks "Is there a cam in that car?" To which I answer "Yes there is."

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I get slight vibrations while at idle, I like it. As long as it doesn't throw a code I'm not too worried. I even watch the RPM's with extended EVIC and don't notice anything out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mine shimmys pretty hard in the morning until it hits operating temperature. The problem is expecially pronounced lately with the drop in morning temperatures and all this dew everywhere. As such, this means the dealer will never be able to repeat it unless he drives the car when it's cold... and that's likely to never happen.

It is "normal" - I think all cars run a bit rich and loopy when they're getting warmed up.
It happens to me when it is the afternoon and I have already been driven for awhile.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Mine does it too. I like it.... :nervous s

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Mine does it too. I like it.... :nervous s
X2... I think it feels good. reminds me of the hot rods I had in high school.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Its normal it has to do with the variable fluid presure in the transmission releasing to much presure and then reapplying the fluid presure . Its normal just feels weired .

·
Registered
377 Posts
All issues that have been discussed here are the nature of this beast. Same thing with me. Went back to dealer 2 days after I got it. Started 4 other R/T's and they all did it. No worries.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone again feels good to know I ain't the only one feeling it. Thanks I feel alot better.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
It's the most noticeable after start up, while I'm idling in my garage. Feels very good.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts