Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Dodge Charger SRT8 with 19k miles. I have shaking in the steering wheel when braking and it gets worse the harder you press the brake pedal the more it shakes and sometimes it doesn't do it. Could this be the brakes or rotors? Since my car is still under warranty would this fall under warranty? I don't like dealing with those service advisors they have such nasty attitudes. Ugh

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Premium Member
23,154 Posts
Sounds like warped rotors...which is very unusual for an SRT with Brembo brakes.

I would take it to the dealer and have it checked out. There may be something else going on and only a good inspection can determine what it might be. If there is a defect, it should be covered under warranty.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to add they do squeal a little bit as well.

Sounds like warped rotors...which is very unusual for an SRT with Brembo brakes.

I would take it to the dealer and have it checked out. There may be something else going on and only a good inspection can determine what it might be. If there is a defect, it should be covered under warranty.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Premium Member
23,154 Posts

· Registered
541 Posts
Yup, rotors! Probably the result of not properly torquing the lugs to spec. No warranty issue unless the problem is elsewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.