Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Been doing some research for a shaker hood. It looks like from searching around the forum, the Mopower is better than the CDC.

Where can I purchase the Mopower? I am new to dodge so I am not familiar with all the sites. Also, any thoughts on the shaker? I have an 06 RT.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
yea crazyluck has the sickest hood on charger forums imo. i lloovvvee the second pic, and the matching sunglasses

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Crazy luck, what does a whole setup like that run you? I would love to do this, but it seems like its gonna cost quite a bit... What was the cost of everything, from initial purchase, to paint, to installation? Thanks in advance!

-Pat

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Crazy luck, what does a whole setup like that run you? I would love to do this, but it seems like its gonna cost quite a bit... What was the cost of everything, from initial purchase, to paint, to installation? Thanks in advance!

-Pat
Well, mine was a little cheaper because I managed to get in on the only group buy mopower offered on the shaker setup. The kit price he has listed on dankoreproductions.com is what he normally charges I guess. As for paint/install it was right around $400~500, but I'm not 100% sure what it cost because I had a few other things done. Of course, it'll vary by shop. The shop that did mine had already done one on a Magnum, so I knew they'd have no problems. You could save money and do the install yourself (if you talk to mopower, he can give you a link to a full install step-by-step) and just have it painted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info and pics!

How about performance gains? Did you notice anything? I know intakes usually yield a small gain, but just curious if you think this is better than just adding an aftermarket intake like mopar, k-n, whatever, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also,

Does it come with the intake and everything, or is it just the hood??? The CDC one comes with intake, everything. Just curious.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
lol. i love the color matched shades on the dash ;)

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
You keep your hood, but you put a big hole in it. It comes with the skaker mount, hood trim ring, hood reinforcement panel and all the hardware needed. There are 2 kits - a base kit (like the one I got) and the sealed kit which directs the air into the stock airbox and most CAI boxes. The base just pushes the air over the engine, which is all I really needed as I haven't seen anything that justifies the sealed unit on a Daytona for power improvement.

This is what the kit looks like:

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
So I have an aftermarket cold air intake now.... am I going to be able to keep this on? I have seen pics of other people's set-ups and they have tubing run from the shaker intake to the spot where the air intake actually hooks up at. Im assuming thats the sealed kit you were talking about?

Also, I am all about do-it-yourself projects, and the painting I wouldn't really have a problem with doing myself..... but I don't think I could handle taking any type of cutting tool to my hood!!! If I got this, Id be leaving it up to the body shop for sure I think.

-Pat

·
Vendor
791 Posts
Classic Design Concepts just redesigned their shaker units and their new kits will debut at SEMA. The new units look much better than their originals and always fit very well.

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i look forward to seeing their design then. i wasnt too fond of their old one compared to this one here ;)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
does this system work with a 3.5 or is it hemi only

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
How much is the kit worth? I never could understand how the hood scoops work as far as what impeeds water coming threw when it rains?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My thread got hijacked pretty bad, huh.

I just need one simple question answered...

What is the best Shaker system out there, and where do I buy it??

I haven't been able to get ahold of Mopower, as it sounds from others like the best one...

I need to buy it soooon. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
www.dankoreproductions.com < click on "exterior body parts" and choose your car (Charger) and scroll down. That is the one mopower sells (although he is not a supporting vendor on CHargerforums, but you might be able to get in touch with him on lxforums where he is a supporting vendor).

CDC is releasing their new design at SEMA, but if its anything like the last redesign, I'd walk away from it...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mopower Shaker Hood !!

Classic Design Concepts just redesigned their shaker units and their new kits will debut at SEMA. The new units look much better than their originals and always fit very well.

Joshua, HHP
It looks better than their original, cause it looks more like the Mopower design...

·
Registered
285 Posts
ok so here's a question, does this do anything for performance? i've heard it dosen't but i wasn't sure. maybe teh sea;ed kit does better for performance if it uses the CAI intake spots. anyone have any input on that?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.