Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well after a few minor bumps, snags and some unavoidable holdups I was finally able to finish the installation of my Mopower/Danko Shaker kit onto my Daytona. I did all the work myself other then having it painted at my local autobody shop. I have never done any prior autobody work at all...I think the final result speaks well of Mo's shaker kit. The shaker really brings out the Chargers attitude and yes...even my wife admits she likes it. No honeycomb shaker grills installed yet they are getting powercoated flat black.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Congrats on the shaker, it looks great!
Just a suggestion... ever thought of painting the hood flat black, or maybe swapping out to a plain hood decal?
... but your car looks great!

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Looking good!

Did you put any thought into having it painted flat black? Although, I guess it would have been difficult to match the vinyl.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shaker

Thanks for the compliments. This mod has changed the feel and overall attitude of the car, it almost feels like its a 2006 "Hemi Cuda" now with the huge Shaker, shaking when you rev it up...fun stuff.

You can't notice in the pictures but my hood decal took some minor damage during the installation that I'm not happy with. I'm not really considering an all black hood, but have looked into getting a Daytona OEM Style black hood decal minus the Hemi cutouts. Surprisingly enough none of the sponsoring vendors do a plain non-Hemi oem size hood decal, I'm still waiting on a response about having one custom done for me.

Underhood pictures will be coming, keep in mind I'm waiting on a extra part to make my shaker system fully functional and sealed to my AFE. Right now its just the regular Mopower setup...Looks real pretty, but its not just sealed forced air into the intake.

I asked for it to be painted "Satin Black" It was first painted two weeks ago and it looked almost flat black, but...the clearcoat stayed kinda tacky. I brought it back to the painter and it turned out the clearcoat had sat for too long and went bad. This turned out to be a good thing, because I had put the trim ring about a half an inch off when I placed it down with the "instant epoxy" They stripped it all down and repainted it using another type of clearcoat thats supposed to end up as satin finish "after being on the car a few weeks," we'll see it seems pretty shiny. Honestly, if it stays as is I'm good with that, it looks sharp and matches my car pretty well overall.

I learned a lot of things doing this mod.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
AWESOME!! I believe you are the only Torred Daytona MoPower shaker in the world , now all the colors have been done. I still need pics of the top banana Daytona done here in West Palm Beach...need pics to complete my collection. That looks really great, and I'm glad you were able to do it yourself, it just gives you so much more appreciation of the mod every time you look at it IMO.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looks great man.

·
Registered
240 Posts
AWESOME!! I believe you are the only Torred Daytona MoPower shaker in the world , now all the colors have been done. I still need pics of the top banana Daytona done here in West Palm Beach...need pics to complete my collection. That looks really great, and I'm glad you were able to do it yourself, it just gives you so much more appreciation of the mod every time you look at it IMO.
Has Silver steel already been done?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have now entered the 21st century and figured out (I hope...) how to post photos on here.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts