Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this before but it got deleted because Danko Reproductions was not a supporting vendor.... well, they are now! Keep an eye on the Danko Reporoductions section of the vendor forum for info regarding a group buy on their shaker hoods.

BTW, I'm in no way associated with Danko Reproductions. I'm just a guy who really wants a shaker hood and took the time to organize a group buy. We got four people who have already put cash down on a hood at an amazing discount. Only two more slots are available.......!!!!!

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Show a larger view of that shaker!!!

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
i just went to the site an it liiks much like the mopower shaker(not that im bias toward or against either) i have and love my cdc shaker

·
Registered
225 Posts
What is the price with group buy discount?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Shaker

I just installed my Mopower Shaker kit onto my Daytona last weekend. If anyone is holding off on getting one because they are leery of installing it themselves, don't worry that much about it. I had zero experince of doing any type of body work and installed mine without any major issues on my end, I'll even go as far as saying it looks professionally done...Although the day after it was finished, I had to send my shaker scoop and the trim ring back to the local auto paint shop because they stayed tacky and had to be redone??? I'm hoping to get those repainted pieces back Monday, then I'll post some pictures. Doing it, I did learn a few things the hard way so if anyone wants some things to watch out for when installing it, just ask me. I'm now working on doing a mod to the shaker base that will connect it directly up to my AFE CAI, when I get that done I'll share my results.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doing it, I did learn a few things the hard way so if anyone wants some things to watch out for when installing it, just ask me. I'm now working on doing a mod to the shaker base that will connect it directly up to my AFE CAI, when I get that done I'll share my results.
What tools did you use to cut the hole in your hood? How well did the original shaker base mate up with your AFE? In other words does the thingy that directs the air flow to the CAI match up fairly well? Thanks for the advice. I plan to install mine myself as well.

·
Registered
268 Posts
What tools did you use to cut the hole in your hood? How well did the original shaker base mate up with your AFE? In other words does the thingy that directs the air flow to the CAI match up fairly well? Thanks for the advice. I plan to install mine myself as well.
I used a 1 inch holesaw for bimetal bit to make a starter hole. (first tip..holesaws need a guide drill bit within the middle to keep from skipping all around the metal of your hood, most do not come with said needed drillbit...) Then I used a jigsaw with a special (available at Home Depot) 6 inch Bosch blade. It cut through the hood supports and all in one fairly easy shot. The basic shaker model does NOT match up with your AFE without some modifications being made to the shaker, so have your cars original airbox availaible as a stopgap. I did most of mine today and will hopefully have it mod'd and working shortly to show, I'll post some pictures then. "Mobius" did a cool mod with his for the AFE as have others so try doing a forum seach.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts