Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning my longterm upgrades strategy and I need a question answered. Is it useful (or even possible) to use the danko shaker hood kit with a supercharger (vortech most likely)? I really like the look of the danko shaker hood but in the future I will almost certainly be adding a supercharger. Do the two play together nicely?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I dont know much about how it sets on the vehicle. If they set on the intake manifold and your not changing that out. I dont see why they wouldnt work together. Only thing I would see a problem with is the intake tubing. Unless your doing a techno blower. Then i dunno how that would work. But Id have to see how one set on the vehicle. Hopefully I can talk my parents into getting one on there new daytona charger.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I'm planning my longterm upgrades strategy and I need a question answered. Is it useful (or even possible) to use the danko shaker hood kit with a supercharger (vortech most likely)? I really like the look of the danko shaker hood but in the future I will almost certainly be adding a supercharger. Do the two play together nicely?
We can make a special version like the one pictured without the side air duct, that way,the Vortech fits great under the shaker, just cant have a sealed system unless you plumb yourself a custom set up.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We can make a special version like the one pictured without the side air duct, that way,the Vortech fits great under the shaker, just cant have a sealed system unless you plumb yourself a custom set up.

Thanks, would I have to order it special now or could it be modified later on down the road when I get the Vortech? What I WANT to do it get the shaker conversion soon (before end of year hopefully) and put it in on the stock airbox and then a few years from now get a S/C put in.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Thanks, would I have to order it special now or could it be modified later on down the road when I get the Vortech? What I WANT to do it get the shaker conversion soon (before end of year hopefully) and put it in on the stock airbox and then a few years from now get a S/C put in.
Yeah, you can shave off the side part yourself, no biggie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts