Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
Im not new to the Mopar world but new to the computer world...what does everyone recommend for an exhaust system for the 5.7? I hear a lot about the Borla 125's...if i change the exhaust will it screw with my computer? Also, is there some sort of performance programmer that anyone recommends? One last ? If i opt for a lower gear in the rear, will I have to reprogram my speed? (Does the SRT and daytona RT share the same tranny?) Anyhow this should be enough to keep me busy for a while...Thanks a bunch from a lifelong Mopar guy...I actually believe I rode home from the hospital in my fathers Fury 3..
Thanks
Floyd

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
hi all
Im not new to the Mopar world but new to the computer world...what does everyone recommend for an exhaust system for the 5.7? I hear a lot about the Borla 125's...if i change the exhaust will it screw with my computer? Also, is there some sort of performance programmer that anyone recommends? One last ? If i opt for a lower gear in the rear, will I have to reprogram my speed? (Does the SRT and daytona RT share the same tranny?) Anyhow this should be enough to keep me busy for a while...Thanks a bunch from a lifelong Mopar guy...I actually believe I rode home from the hospital in my fathers Fury 3..
Thanks
Floyd
ok all your gonna get are a million peoples opinions on most of this stuff and you'll still have to decide for yourself. Nothing exhaust wise is gonna mess with your ecm other than long tube headers, which will not harm the pcm they will just change some of the fuel tables based on o2 readings. RIght now your ass out on the lower gear thing as no company has done anything that can interact with our pcm. Changing rear ration will require a software update on pcm, abs, esp/tc, and tcm modules as they all use vss signals from the rear. I believe r/t to srt tranny is the same but i'm not a hundred percent on that one. I rarely work on the srt 's as they are slim around here.
Diablo and s/c both make great programmers and bg does a reflash that is good too. I'm more into the programmers for the many options they have over the flash. Hopefully i helped a little

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
If you're looking for a programmer, the Diablo Predator is the way to go. B&G has traditionally been the go-to for the ultimate in fine-tuning on highly modded engines. Even if you want the B&G tune, they're going to be making them available as Predator tunes soon (if they haven't already).

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Congrats on your new plum, i actully drove that frist b4 i decided i wanted the fastest color..haha..But i have to agree with Wicked its all about the sound on your exhaust question. I was debating and debating on what and which exhaust i wanted but now im very happy with what i have and im sure others will tune in and give their opinon on whats louder but the gains are pretty minimal for the $$ you will put out but its all about turning heads right..ha. My best investment thus far is the diablo like Mnunes states. I just got mine yesterday and it is definetly worth the $$. Good luck and welcome to the Charger world.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Diablo Diablo Diablo! For exhaust, Promotion tuning is running a great deal on AEM long tube headers (Mopar headers) for 950. As far as cat back, check out lxsounds.com for different audio clips of what different exhaust systems sound like. oh, and Welcome to the Land of Daytonas!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts