Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
'22 SPWB +, Octane Red, Carbon stripes, H/K audio, MSG wheels. Delivered and picking up April 29th.
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! Please help. I have 8000 miles and while driving the "service tire system" light came on and no tires are being read (just red lines). It's been three days and still on.
These are aftermarket snow wheels/tires with new sensors and have been working fine for 2 months.
I scanned each wheel and it reads each sensor and testing o.k.

Called dealer and they said maybe disconnect battery! Really? I don't want to lose all memory etc.
This is not related to the current recall

Please help guys!
TIA

· Registered
5,726 Posts
In all honesty, anytime you use aftermarket sensors, then can be finicky. There are several threads here with people having similar issues.

My good buddy @Punisher69 has a set of sensors that he uses and recommends and are also cheap. I think they're bought off ebay. I bought a set, and I know someone else just did too and posted about it, I'll see if I can find it. They place nice with our cars.

That being said, I still get that same message every now and again. Sometimes itll still.be reading all the tires, other times it'll miss one, other times it briefly puts the wheels in the wrong locations. Sometimes that message and indicator light will remain lit for 5 minutes, other times it's 3 weeks.

I'd give it up to a week or so to see if the issue corrects itself before you start spending $$$.

Reactions: Patriotman

· Registered
'22 SPWB +, Octane Red, Carbon stripes, H/K audio, MSG wheels. Delivered and picking up April 29th.
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In all honesty, anytime you use aftermarket sensors, then can be finicky. There are several threads here with people having similar issues.

My good buddy @Punisher69 has a set of sensors that he uses and recommends and are also cheap. I think they're bought off ebay. I bought a set, and I know someone else just did too and posted about it, I'll see if I can find it. They place nice with our cars.

That being said, I still get that same message every now and again. Sometimes itll still.be reading all the tires, other times it'll miss one, other times it briefly puts the wheels in the wrong locations. Sometimes that message and indicator light will remain lit for 5 minutes, other times it's 3 weeks.

I'd give it up to a week or so to see if the issue corrects itself before you start spending $$$.
Thank you for the thorough quick response. I bought the wheels w/sensors from a hellcat owner that had them for 5000K miles. Installed and the sensors immediately read for a few months and now this. Annoying.

· Registered
5,726 Posts
Thank you for the thorough quick response. I bought the wheels w/sensors from a hellcat owner that had them for 5000K miles. Installed and the sensors immediately read for a few months and now this. Annoying.
I'd be willing to bet that sooner than later the problem will resolve itself.

· Registered
7,577 Posts
I've had sensors unmarry from the car after months. Take it down to your local Discount Tire or whatever tire store you have and ask them to reprogram the sensors to the car.

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had sensors unmarry from the car after months. Take it down to your local Discount Tire or whatever tire store you have and ask them to reprogram the sensors to the car.
Thank you. I do believe the dodges auto program to the vehicle though.

· Registered
2,072 Posts
Hey all! Please help. I have 8000 miles and while driving the "service tire system" light came on and no tires are being read (just red lines). It's been three days and still on.
These are aftermarket snow wheels/tires with new sensors and have been working fine for 2 months.
I scanned each wheel and it reads each sensor and testing o.k.

Called dealer and they said maybe disconnect battery! Really? I don't want to lose all memory etc.
This is not related to the current recall

Please help guys!
TIA

Hello there!

If you decide to visit your local dealership to have your vehicle examined know we are here to help and support you! Please send a private message our way with your vehicle information and appointment date to get started. Hope to connect soon!

Hannah
Dodge Cares

Reactions: Patriotman

· Registered
2017 Scat Pack. Procharged 426. 850ish on pump 93
3,671 Posts
Didn’t think about that or if I should do it while mine is sitting right now also a link to the tpms would those work for my model year?
Wouldn't hurt to unhook it. I put mine on a trickle charger now and then between drives just to keep it active. I've got a few things on mine that some don't have lol. My fuel pump wiring is kind of hefty lol
Automotive tire Bicycle tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Links to tpm sensors. Topgears LTD is the seller I've used for years. And yes, they'll fork from 2008 forward. Pre 2008 was 315mhz, everything else is 433. Some guys even use them from other cars like Porsche and Ferrari just becuase.

· Registered
7,577 Posts
Diaconnecting the battery for long duration? Doesn't anyone's car have storage mode anymore?

· Registered
5,726 Posts
Wouldn't hurt to unhook it. I put mine on a trickle charger now and then between drives just to keep it active. I've got a few things on mine that some don't have lol. My fuel pump wiring is kind of hefty lol View attachment 310758

Links to tpm sensors. Topgears LTD is the seller I've used for years. And yes, they'll fork from 2008 forward. Pre 2008 was 315mhz, everything else is 433. Some guys even use them from other cars like Porsche and Ferrari just becuase.

This badge?

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Grille Car

· Registered
5,726 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Rhill1124
1 - 20 of 29 Posts