Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past 20 years I have driven GM vehicles purchased at local dealers at which I always returned for the regular maintenance service as well as warranty work. When I made the decision the buy my Charger I was faced with a somewhat different situation. I was forced to travel beyond my local area to even find the vehicle with the options I desired and then to find a deal that was financially acceptable. (The local Dodge dealer near the town I live is very small, still has not even received a Charger yet).

I guess the question I am asking is what type of reception should I expect from the local dealer if I decide to have the car serviced locally. I have heard stories from friends about dealers in general refusing warranty service from cars not purchased in house, regular service work assigned low priority with long wait times, etc. Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share concerning this topic?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
stonebase said:
I have heard stories from friends about dealers in general refusing warranty service from cars not purchased in house
if a dealer does this crap, contact DCX, they will no longer have thier dealership...

In Spokane, Wahsington, Dishman Dodge told me that If I bought my truck from Dave Smith out in Idaho, that they would refuse to service my truck... this came from the head Sales Manager... I told him to put that in writting for me to fax to Dodge... LOL

(dodge dealers MUST do warrenty work on all dodges no matter where they are purchased from, it is in the agreement they have in order to even have the dealership)

stonebase said:
regular service work assigned low priority with long wait times, etc.
Personally I have not experienced this... I owned a Ford when I moved to Spokane, and had excellent serivice from a dealer there, with my Dodge, I never had it at a dealership for warrenty work in the USA, but when I moved to Canada, recived excellent service from the Dodge Dealer in Okotoks, Alberta, and had 1 dealer visit here in Arizona, and was treated no different then if I bought from them.

Alot of it is "scare" tactics to make you buy from your local dealer, but I am sure there are dealers that pull this...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had to go out of town to get my Charger too. In my immediate neighborhood, there are actually 2 DC dealerships but I got the best service from a dealership about 30min to an hour's drive away. May not seem like its too far but there are almost a dozen dealershps closer.

I think that for warranty work, I will go back there. I'm loyal to good service. For regualr oil changes and such, I'll probably use the local Mitsubishi dealership. They have the training and since Mitsu is trying to establish themself here in Canada, they offer excellent deals.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I used to work for a dodge dealer...any mopar dealer can work on any mopar product, (except for viper, crossfire, and prowler), period. Take the car wherever you are comfortable.

·
Registered
331 Posts
It is my understanding that dealerships make a large percentage of their profits by performing warranty work. Therefore, one would think that any dealership would welcome the chance to service your vehicle whether you purchased it from them or not. I recently brought my Volvo in for some warranty work to a new dealership because I no longer live near the one I bought it from. Not only did they happily service the car, but they offered me a loner without hesitation.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I agree with Daytona_R/T. In my current situation, I purchased an Intrepid SXT (2002) from a dealer 30 miles from home (thru an Auto Broker). I have a 5 Star Chrysler/Jeep dealer withing 3 miles of my house and that is where I take for any maintenance and warrenty work. The Chrysler dealership never squawked once about me not buying from them (heck they sold Chyslers and not Dodge).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts