Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
blew out my first tire on the charger this morning. a damn piece of metal was directly in front of my tire as i was changing lane. might have avoided it but then i may have hit another car so i took it head on....the object beat my tire...put a 2 inch slash on the side wall....i am praying nothing is wrong with rim.

i had to order a tire online b/c no one carries the conti tires around here, but tirerack.com is having a sale so i picked two up for 103 a piece. one for back up so the hassle of ordering goes easier. but dodge will put on for a reasonable price, just wondering why my dealership didn't carry an extras...seemed odd to me.

oh, hit the object and thought yeah no blown tire and about a minute later the sensor went off, pulled over about 5 miles down the road and saw the slash, drove to a near by parking lot and changed her out...i was surprised how well that conti held up even with a 2 inch slash...didn't leak serious amounts of air until i lifted the tire up to change it...so am impressed with the tires.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
GoDaddy said:
blew out my first tire on the charger this morning. a damn piece of metal was directly in front of my tire as i was changing lane. might have avoided it but then i may have hit another car so i took it head on....the object beat my tire...put a 2 inch slash on the side wall....i am praying nothing is wrong with rim.

i had to order a tire online b/c no one carries the conti tires around here, but tirerack.com is having a sale so i picked two up for 103 a piece. one for back up so the hassle of ordering goes easier. but dodge will put on for a reasonable price, just wondering why my dealership didn't carry an extras...seemed odd to me.

oh, hit the object and thought yeah no blown tire and about a minute later the sensor went off, pulled over about 5 miles down the road and saw the slash, drove to a near by parking lot and changed her out...i was surprised how well that conti held up even with a 2 inch slash...didn't leak serious amounts of air until i lifted the tire up to change it...so am impressed with the tires.
Glad you're oK!! The wheel should be fine. If you kept going then it might have been damaged, but should be alright. Mike

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Go daddy, if you bought two tires i would replace both front tires and keep the used one as a spare. That way you wont experince unever wear or shaking.

·
Registered
39 Posts
On day six of owning my new car, I was abruptly brought back to earth by a battle between a football sized rock and one of my tires- the rock won. I was worried about rim damage when I pulled over and immediately heard hissing. Rim was OK and thought since the warning light wasn't going off I might try to make it home since it was only a couple of miles.

I made it about 200 yds when the bell sounded and the light came on. No rim damage but had to pay the dealer $130 for a new tire.

Before I was finished changing the tire I was joined by 4 other vehicles on the side of the road, atleast I wasn't the only one suffering in the heat! :happy:

·
Registered
245 Posts
I am not sure, do all the Chargers come standard with the tire monitoring system?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i believe it comes with the electronic convience group II upgrade....if you have all the buttons on your stearing column, i am pretty sure you have the tire sensor....there is also a tire pressure reader and that is another upgrade (i only have sensor warnings, not the tire pressure readers)

hope i got this right, sorry if i didn't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts