Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Dodge Charger SE converted to R/T. Dont know if it makes a difference on sensors or not??

Ok I think I have narrowed problems I have been experiencing with going into limp mode down to sensors located on either the throttle body, the EGR, the accelerator pedal, or a combination.

What all sensors are there to be replaced on these components. Instead of doing one at a time imma just knock them all out at once. So if someone could hook me up with that info that would be great.

Also, where can I get a diagram of the fuses in my car. for under the hood and the trunk. Both my passenger side windows arent working.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
2006 Dodge Charger SE converted to R/T. Dont know if it makes a difference on sensors or not??

Ok I think I have narrowed problems I have been experiencing with going into limp mode down to sensors located on either the throttle body, the EGR, the accelerator pedal, or a combination.

What all sensors are there to be replaced on these components. Instead of doing one at a time imma just knock them all out at once. So if someone could hook me up with that info that would be great.

Also, where can I get a diagram of the fuses in my car. for under the hood and the trunk. Both my passenger side windows arent working.
egr solenoid, two app sensors which are part of the assembly, the etc is the throttle there is no sensor.

Your likely dealing with a programming issue due to your conversion, not a problem sensor.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
egr solenoid, two app sensors which are part of the assembly, the etc is the throttle there is no sensor.

Your likely dealing with a programming issue due to your conversion, not a problem sensor.
Ok well this is whats up. In the past I have had problem with the car going into limp mode when the car is either slowing down, or coasting. As long as I am into the throttle its ok. when I DO NOT get above 40mph limp mode does not occur so often but it does occur. Now when i get above 40 everytime the car comes to a slow or i let off the pedal to coast, it happens 99% of the time, going into limp mode.

What I did try out today and yesterday and it worked perfectly is controlling the break pedal with my left foot and the throttle with my right foot. As long as I keep at least a little pressure (or load) on the accelerator while im slowing down, and when coming to a complete stop even, I will NEVER experience the car going into limp mode, nor the ETC light will come on. But if I do not keep a load on the pedal, it will at least flash the ETC light if not go into limp mode. Thats why I think its something to do with the EGR, the pedal, or the throttle body. Because when I slow down, and dont mess with the accelerator chances are it will go into limp mode. AND sometimes i can work the accelerator pedal and get the car to "fight" off going into limp mode. And I do have throttle codes stored in the ecu.

Still think its programming??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts