Charger Forums banner

Selling R/T. Need opinions.

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  kawi14ninjaman 
#1 ·
I need to sell my R/T for financial reasons. I am trading down to a 2000 GMC Yukon (Has plenty of room for my English Mastiffs) My question is this.... the dealer is giving me 24,200 for the Charger. It has 11,400 miles, loaded up with Nav, uconnect, heated seats, towing package, Borla exhaust..... I know I could get more selling outright, but I am also saving on taxes by trading in(about 865 dollars) so realistically its like getting 25,000 for the Charger. It is in absolutely perfect condition, not even a stone chip or scuff. Is this a good offer, or am I being lowballed?

#8 ·
I agree. That's a fantastic price from a dealership. Hopefully, they aren't making up for it by boinking him on the purchase price of the truck.

Best,

#5 · (Edited)
I thinks that's a fair price...I'm not sure why though...the dealer SHOULD (by dealer rules) be offering you low 20's at best. That's near private party price. Are you buying the Yukon from them? If so, that may be the answer...

On KBB and Edmunds my car, 2006 RT with 15K, Nav, DVD, Sound group, heated leather...etc...everything big but Uconnect says trade in is around 23K in EXCELLENT condition. No matter how nice your car is, they will find a flaw in it and say it's not excellent. The GOOD trade value was closer to 20K. They would probably be right at 20K unless it's a garage queen.

You either have a dumb dealer or they are about to F U on the Yukon.

Give us the rest of the deal if you are trading/buying in the same deal.

Private party should get you ~25k I would think...

#7 ·
put it back to stock and sell your aftermarket stuff on here. i got dibs on hood struts

#10 ·
The price on the Yukon is going to be 12,500 out the door. Its in good condition, loaded up with most options my charger has, but the mileage is high. like 88,000. I have looked all over Northern Illinois and can't find one with less mileage for close to the same money. I played a couple of dealers against eachother for the better portion of Saturday afternoon, and worked the deal to the bone. A dealer with a 2002 tahoe offered me 24,000. But they wouldn't budge on the 13000 dollar price they had on the internet. Although the tahoe was in spectacular condition. The Tahoe dealer initially offered me 21,000. I got pissed and he back-pedeled. He then showed me Kelley blue book, and with my options it showed trade in at 24,500. He then showed me a site that they often use to see what vehicles could be had for at wholesale. It showed 20,000 in poor condition, 22,000 in good condition, and 24,000 in excellent. Since both dealers looked my car over and couldn't find so much as a stone chip on it or a hairline scratch, they had no choice but to consider it excellent. I still think I maybe could have gotten more. I think the value of these vehicles has dropped so dramatically because the owners of these cars have allowed dealers to de-value them at trade in. I wasn't about to let them do that to me.

#11 · (Edited)
I never thought about popping off the hood struts. 25 bucks sound reasonable? Plus 5 for shipping? The intake has already been claimed. Would have taken off the exhaust for someone local and swapped with a stock, but it was already appraised with the exhaust, and yes, they did ask about it. The springs I am not gonna bother with. EDIT.... may not be selling her after all. will keep you all posted

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.