Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, looking to sell my OEM rims and tires from my 2015 SXT. I’m looking to get a few fair price assessments so I have a ballpark of what I should be listing them at. Not sure if I want to deal with shipping & handling so I’m thinking I might list them locally - unless anyone knows of any places online where it’s pretty straightforward. I’m attaching pics for reference. They’re gloss black 18” OEM Charger rims with a staggered 255/55/18 and 235/55/18 setup for the tires. They have less than 50k miles on them. What’s a fair asking price for the set with and without the tires? And any best practices when selling rims? All help appreciated

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
Those may be OEM rims, but the tires sure aren't. Wanli and Sailun are bottom feeder tires made in China by a state-owned tire manufacturer. I wouldn't put them on anything I cared about. You may have better luck unloading the rims by themselves.

And if you prefer local pick-up, you might want to tell folks where "local" is.

Best,

·
Registered
419 Posts
Those are good lightweight stock wheels. I got those on my RT. My car looks like a stock sxt and I love roasting scatpacks, the look on their face is priceless.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Clean OEM Hellcat & SP wheels go for $1200+ on the used market, but SXT & GT wheels would be a lot less. I’d say you might be able to get anywhere from $300-500 for the set. Not sure if the tires add a ton of value since they’re not name brand. Check FB Marketplace to see if any similar wheels are listed and then you’ll get a good idea of the fair market price. I’ve never sold wheels but I’ve bought multiple sets off craigslist/marketplace. As a buyer I always appreciated when the seller cleans the wheels and takes high quality pictures with closeups on any blemishes. Your pictures above are pretty good. You wouldn’t believe how many people post wheels for “$1000 FIRM” and have crappy potato quality pictures and the wheels are covered in mud and dust so you can’t even tell if they’re curbed or scratched to Hell. Good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those may be OEM rims, but the tires sure aren't. Wanli and Sailun are bottom feeder tires made in China by a state-owned tire manufacturer. I wouldn't put them on anything I cared about. You may have better luck unloading the rims by themselves.

And if you prefer local pick-up, you might want to tell folks where "local" is.

Best,
I purchased the Charger used, the first owner must have swapped for newer rubber.

I’m located in Michigan.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Unfortunately the demand for those wheels won't be very high compared to anything from a 392. My best guess is you might be able to fetch $600 or so for everything. If those were 20x9 or 20x9.5 and mid-range tires you'd probably be able to get over $1k.

Reactions: montywhitson

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Your best bet is to market these as winter wheels for guys who own R/Ts.... I use OEM 18s for my winter set and they look much nicer than steel wheels or aftermarket 18 inch wheels.

Realistically you're not getting much more than $400 with or without tires as I don't feel those add much value and most folks won't be running those sizes and brands anyway (unless you catch a guy trying to swap these on prior to trading in a car etc.)

Did you paint/coat these? OEM they were a bright satin carbon style color.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts