Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the wife has decided that she needs a full size van so we are selling the Charger. She told me I could keep it and get her a van but I dont want it because of the v/6. I have wanted a new Mustang since they came out and after selling her Charger I think that is what I will get. I posted the car for sell in the cars for sell section of the forum. I wil probablly just trade local for a van though I dont expect anyone to pay what I have been offered trade. Any way just thought I would say it has been fun being a part of such a great community. Good luck to all of you in the quest for power out of these v/6s. I know the power is there if someone can just unlock it.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
AAAAAAWWWWWW! :eek:

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Well the wife has decided that she needs a full size van so we are selling the Charger. She told me I could keep it and get her a van but I dont want it because of the v/6. I have wanted a new Mustang since they came out and after selling her Charger I think that is what I will get. I posted the car for sell in the cars for sell section of the forum. I wil probablly just trade local for a van though I dont expect anyone to pay what I have been offered trade. Any way just thought I would say it has been fun being a part of such a great community. Good luck to all of you in the quest for power out of these v/6s. I know the power is there if someone can just unlock it.
do you want to sell the hood?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
it would be kinda hard to sell the car with out it
Could always do what pentool's doing - swap your mods out for stock parts before trading it in. More return on your investment that way (or more appropriately, no so much money down the tubes).

I'd possibly be interested in some things you may have if you decide to go that route.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I think I will get more out of it with the mods than I would with out them. Local lot is willing to do 20k trade. I have seen many sxt for under 19000 so I am obviously getting more for the car with them. I only have about 3000 in all the mods. I got everything on this car at an unbelievable price. Besides I already paid for the mods so that money is already spent and if they help move the car faster they pay for them selves. 3000 for wheels tires hood fascia brakes springs and complete paint I am so ahead on this car I would have to wreck it to come out hurting.... well then agaian with insurance....

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The wife is worth way to much to me. The car will never livce up to her. I am not that attached to the car anyway. We have 3 kids in car seats and there just isnt enough room for all of us in there. A full size van is what she needs.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just looked at the trade value and the average in excellent condition is 16k so they are offering me 4k more than book. As I said I have about 3k in mods and that nets me 1k profit on trade. So I will let them have it all.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Just looked at the trade value and the average in excellent condition is 16k so they are offering me 4k more than book. As I said I have about 3k in mods and that nets me 1k profit on trade. So I will let them have it all.
Be careful, my cousin is a car dealer. They will find a way to screw you. They will just mark up the price of the van. Ask them to give you 20K up front for your car, they won't do it. Trade or allowance money is different from actual cash money. They trade allowance gets taxed sometimes two or three times.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thew van is a full size conversion van not a mini van, I got the price of the van long before we talked about trade, so they cant jack it up any, and as far as me having a nice looking Charger, it is my wifes car not mine, so I am not loseing anything. The van is way nicer than her charger(cost about twice as much too though). I will still have my truck so as far as my driver I am still in the same boat I have been. The Charger was fun to dress up but honestly it has gone about as far as it could being a v/6. I cant wait to start cutting up her 07 van. Maybe air ride with a 4 inch body drop! Thanx for all the concern but I have been buying and selling cars for about 17 years and know my way around the dealerships pretty well.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Dealers won't give you any more if you have mods. Some dealers won't even let trade your car to them if they have mods. They are harder to sell if they do. If you sell it private party, you might be able to get more if you have mods.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Wow thats a great deal since I only paid 17,995 for my 07 with 8,000 miles Go for it dude! Maybe you ll get a ram van!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mustang

So you're gonna trade the Charger and get a van, and a Mustang? What were you doing here on the Charger forums in the first place? JK, Enjoy the Mustang I guess?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts