Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
14,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure of the exact details, but my wife's fav uncle was killed little over a week ago when the car either fell off jack stands or rolled off ramps and crushed him. I didn't want to ask to many questions, because people were really hurting.

Brought back my own memories when my 71 charger had both jackstands collapse with me under the car. What saved me, was the car fell into the side of the carport and literally wedged itself. Jackstands I use today are 4 ton, ramps are similar capacity, and the big jack is 5 ton.

Please be careful when getting under the car, making sure the parking brake and wheels are blocked, and you trust your equipment to protect your life, because you depend on it to.

· Premium Member
14,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your condolences.

I never met the man, which is strange considering it was her fav uncle...but in today's age of the internet and our short time of being married. Apparently he's always enjoyed working on cars, and in his younger days raced for awhile. But, it's great reminder to continue to be safe while we crawl under our cars.

· Premium Member
14,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats why i always remove the tire and put it underneath the running boards along the outer frame. I had a car come down on me once and that tire saved my a$$.
That's a good idea

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.