Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 Charger...stock black cloth seats...

24,000 miles....showing some fuzzing around the stitching down low on the left side.
I'm pretty sure that when the stitches wear through enough, that the panels will separate.

What can be done to slow down the wear on the seat? Any ideas?
(Other than not getting in and out of the car...lol)

What do people do to preserve the seat upholstery/
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I have cloth seats in my 2013 with 115k miles, and they're like new. The wore much better than my leather seats in my 2010.

Maybe you have ones with some sort of defect?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I switched from cloth to leather in my 2019. The cloth seats were still perfect at 36,000 miles. Do you keep any semi sharp objects in your pocket that rubs against the seat in that area? I used to have a set of keys in my pocket that nearly wore through a cloth seat in my Challenger from getting in and out everyday.

Greg

·
Registered
972 Posts
Yeah, what he said? Anything there on your belt that puts more pressure or rubbing there?

For our work Chargers that are cloth, our duty belts rub like crazy and causes the fabrics to get all work and fuzzy.

If not, talk to the dealer, or go to someone who specializes in car upholstery and see if you can get another piece of string sewn to reenforce the seat.

·
Registered
73 Posts
There's an option in the menu to have the seat move back farther when you open the door. That may help. Cloth is also different from the r/t to the v6 models. The cloth for the r/t is very hard feeling /durable.

I have a full set of cloth upholstery from a 2016 r/t for sale if anyone needs it. Removed for leather.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, what he said? Anything there on your belt that puts more pressure or rubbing there?

For our work Chargers that are cloth, our duty belts rub like crazy and causes the fabrics to get all work and fuzzy.

If not, talk to the dealer, or go to someone who specializes in car upholstery and see if you can get another piece of string sewn to reenforce the seat.
It may be something on my belt. Thanks, folks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts