Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Way To Stop That Annoying Seat Belt Reminder... Can't Even Pull Out Of Driveway Without That Thing Beeping Like Crazy... I Know Everyone Out There Always Puts On Their Seat Belts, But Sometimes I Wan't To Be Daring And Back Up Out Of My Garage Without The Belt On... Is That So Wrong... Haha

·
Registered
154 Posts
RTFM!!! Kidding, but it does have how to turn it off in the owners manual. I believe that you turn the key to on then buckle and unbuckle the drives belt 3 times in ten seconds or less and then turn the key to off... It is from memory, so read the book.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will Try It Out, If It Doesn't Work I Guess I'll Have To Brake Out The Manual...thanks For Your Help.... I Appreciate It..

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
1BADHEMI said:
Will Try It Out, If It Doesn't Work I Guess I'll Have To Brake Out The Manual...thanks For Your Help.... I Appreciate It..
It tells you in the manual.

And this is a touchy subject. Last time it was brought up some snotnose 21 YO who's daddy bought his car for him called everyone who didn't wear a seatbelt an idiot.

I love to be scolded by someone who hasn't got their pubes yet :wave:

·
Registered
75 Posts
DirtyOM said:
Careful.. This doesn't sound to good :shifty: LOL!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Crazy_luck said:
I did it, I got the tone that said it worked and then I got in the car 8 hours later and guess what? The damn thing was beeping again :mad:

Same thing happend to me but I was to lazy to look in to it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
DirtyOM said:
It tells you in the manual.

And this is a touchy subject. Last time it was brought up some snotnose 21 YO who's daddy bought his car for him called everyone who didn't wear a seatbelt an idiot.

dont be jealous, it's unattractive, really.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I Checked It But I Got No Beep At The End.. I'll Keep Trying.. It's Not That I Don't Want To Wear A Seatbelt It's That If I Pull Out Of My Garage I Don't Need A Beeping Sound.... Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
So does the procedure actually work? Does it stop completely without ever giving a warning or does it go off once and then not again?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
My passenger side seat belt warning chimes would not shut off nor the red seat belt sign on the tach gauge shut off. I'm STILL waiting for the new seatbelt assembly the dealer ordered. I did disable the chimes and they're still disabled after two weeks. Buckle up. Key in the ignition, turn to on, (wait for the seatbelt light to go out) fasten and un-fasten belt three times leaving the belt fastened the third time. Turn key to off position and you should hear one bell indicating system disabled. Now repeat after me.........

·
Registered
358 Posts
Go to a junk yard and buy a second Dodge seat belt buckle from a junked car, any car. Cut the seat belt off so that you can just use the buckle, and plug it into the receiver. Now your car thinks your seat is always buckled and you do not have to ever worry about it again.

By the way, I cannot drive down my driveway without mine buckled. It just feels odd not having harness around my shoulder. To each his own!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Procedure works. :) Chime stops, but light stays on. I always wears my seat belt, but when my wife drives 5 houses down the road for the kids bus stop, it's annoying.

·
Registered
190 Posts
How about buckle the belt before you get into the car .. then sit on top of it? In the 70's, my dad bought the metal ends that snaps into the belt clip holder. He connected two together with a spacer (about 5" - the distance between the two front seat clips) and plugged them in (it looked like a giant Pie symbol - you know 3.1415...). No seat belts required in the front and no more reminder noises. Note: pre-seatbelt laws.

It's now a rust bucket in his driveway. I'll see if I can get a photo of the setup to better understand my crappy description above.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts