Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Yep.

Ona another seat, is what I was told. Of course, the guy that gave me that info insisted he couldnt look it up without a VIN, so take that for what its worth:) I know, if I need a color match, yeah, thats VIN, but just to see if its a separate part number? Arrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep.

Ona another seat, is what I was told. Of course, the guy that gave me that info insisted he couldnt look it up without a VIN, so take that for what its worth:) I know, if I need a color match, yeah, thats VIN, but just to see if its a separate part number? Arrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!
I know there is no part number listed for the button in the DC LX Parts Manual. The seat belt seams to be a whole unit.

·
Registered
439 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
little known fact

if any part of the seat belt is broken/federal law mandates that the car marker HAS to replace it and thats the LAW. i think its covered for 6/60 but i could be wrong. bill can chime in on this/your cats-exhaust manifolds-egr system-pcv system-and pollution pumps are cover by law to 6-7-years by federal law also.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I'm a Ford servie writer and I can tell you that airbags and safety restraints are covered 5 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Ford has come up with a kit which includes multi-colored buttons which installs onto the seatbelt so that they don't have to replace complete seatbelt assemblies anymore.

Don't know if Dodge has such a kit but if I was you, I'd check with my local dealer. Either way, it should be under warranty.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Hell I Thought This Thing Only Happened To Me!
Mine Broke In Half, Drivers Side! I Will Ask The Dealer To Replace The Whole Thing!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Years ago I slammed my seatbelt in the door of my 2000 Neon. Asked the dealer about getting a new stopper, and they said I had to replace the whole seatbelt.......yeah...no thanks!

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Hell I Thought This Thing Only Happened To Me!
Mine Broke In Half, Drivers Side! I Will Ask The Dealer To Replace The Whole Thing!
I'd rather have the button installed into my existing belt if this happened ... why take apart trim panels and replace a working seatbelt assembly if I can leave the car alone and just install a button ?

But that's me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My seat belt stop button fell off of my 2010 Charger and I had it fixed at the dealers twice already. All they do is glue another back on and it does not hold. I'm getting really tired of this! Anyone know of an alternate solution?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Seat belts carry a "lifetime" warranty in Canada. Shouldn't be any different in the States. Talk to your dealer and it should be covered.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Seat belts carry a "lifetime" warranty in Canada. Shouldn't be any different in the States. Talk to your dealer and it should be covered.
5-years or 50k miles on most vehicles in Massachusetts ... Ford changed to 5/60 on 2007+ vehicles

1 - 14 of 14 Posts