Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all, Hi. I use the forum for research all the time but i'm new to posting in the forum, so bare with me... I currently drive a 2006 Charger R/T, mid-night blue, tastefully mod'ed (lowered with coil overs, satin 22" staggered black viper reps, red caliper's, drilled rotors, SRT8 hood painted to match, quad tip flat black exhaust((Cat back, Flow Master Super 44's, res delete)), full body kit with front air cowl, side skirts, rear air diffuser ((painted two toned midnight blue and flat black for accent)), added flat black spoiler, front grill and air cowl painted flat black, white oracle halos, 8000k "Look my headlights are brighter than yours!.." Hi/Low beam and foglight kits, Mopar blue puddle light projectors ((google them)) and a lot of other stuff I can't remember because all I do is stuff to my car((Pictures sometime soon))).

But let me get to it... Im on a quest to find a 2012 Blue Streak Pearl Charger SRT8. I have been searching all over the net, forums, websites like autoder.com, cars.com, etc, and can't find anything about their availablitly. Ive even called a few dealerships and they haven't been able to locate any. Im also back and forth with the Redline 3 Coat Pearl. I REALLY like the red, but I fell for the blue as soon as I seen it. I want to get a new car soonish but should I wait and see if a Blue Streak Pearl hits the market? What are my chances?

I just graduated from college, worked my ass off and got a GREAT paying job as an Electrical Engineer, and now I'm treating myself by getting a new project... :eusa_dance: :rocker: :beerchug: . Not to brag or anything, just really pumped about getting somewhere in life. But I am and always have been OBSESSED with cars and am excited to finally be able to afford to get something I want!

I found a Redline 3 Coat Pearl 2012 SRT8 about 300 miles from me for around 36,5 with 17K on the dash and not a scratch on it. Also found a 2013 SRT8 with 6K on the dash for the same price, but its something like 600 miles away in Michigan.

But with all said, should I jump on some of these deals I found or wait for what I REALLY want (Blue Streak Pearl). Will I have any luck in finding one? I also thought about asking the dealership to see if they can somehow get one painted but is that something thats un-realistic to ask? Any other options? I plan on immediately, tastefully, modding it as soon as I get it (pretty much everything I did to my 06 but also SUPERCHARGING IT!). But open for thoughts!!

Thanks...

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Well the Blue streak is HARD to find, but they're out there. Just not alot. Personally, I'd hold out till you find exactly what your looking for or you'll be obsessed with finding the right one and it will end up costing you more in the end.

My previous car was the tri-coat red and it was BEAUTIFUL but the Blue streak would be too. Asking a dealership to paint would be an outrageous cost. I'd have to say that option would be out. Keep searching, forums too... it'll come up. Look at it this way, the longer it takes on the search will allow you to save more for the down payment.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Congrats on graduating man! That's what hard work does..it gets you somewhere in life.

Are you looking for used only? I'm not sure if blue streak pearl is available anymore but if it is you could always build an SRT at your local dealership.

I would go to a trustworthy dealership and tell them what you're looking for. They can use their database to find what you want. My brother did it when he was looking for a very specific challenger...and they found one with everything he wanted. They can search the whole country. If it's far away they can arrange a trade and have the car shipped. If they know you're a serious buyer they will make it happen for you. Goodluck, let us know what you get!

I haven't seen any blue streak pearl chargers out by me but...really no new gen SRTs at all except for one. It's the redline tri coat and it's beautiful! Have them search for both, maybe pricing and availability will sway you in the right direction.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
66 Posts
Trust me, hold out until you find the one you really want. That blue is really nice. I really wish they made the SRT8 and/or Super Bee in Daytona Blue.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Wait for Cut2TheBone to pitch in, he's got one

·
Registered
40 Posts
But let me get to it... Im on a quest to find a 2012 Blue Streak Pearl Charger SRT8. I have been searching all over the net, forums, websites like autoder.com, cars.com, etc, and can't find anything about their availablitly. Ive even called a few dealerships and they haven't been able to locate any. Im also back and forth with the Redline 3 Coat Pearl. I REALLY like the red, but I fell for the blue as soon as I seen it. I want to get a new car soonish but should I wait and see if a Blue Streak Pearl hits the market? What are my chances?

But with all said, should I jump on some of these deals I found or wait for what I REALLY want (Blue Streak Pearl). Will I have any luck in finding one? I also thought about asking the dealership to see if they can somehow get one painted but is that something thats un-realistic to ask? Any other options? I plan on immediately, tastefully, modding it as soon as I get it (pretty much everything I did to my 06 but also SUPERCHARGING IT!). But open for thoughts!!

Thanks...
Have you seen the Jazz Blue SRT Charger for 2014..isn't that almost like Blue Streak Pearl? :rocker:

Maybe this guy will sell you his blue streak, he's had it for two years. :alfdance:

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156149

·
Registered
831 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I think there is only about 50 total blue streak pearl that got made. Don't hold me to it. It was a late production for 2012. Part of the reason why I got the 2012 instead of just waiting a couple of months to order the 2013 due to the fact I knew they were discontinuing the color. I love the Jazz blue, but always wanted a little brighter blue.. I'll PM you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a jazz blue SRT and it's nowhere near BSP.
Now I see the difference...what interior color does yours have? I saw a jazz blue exterior with that camel color interior which was awesome! :bowdown:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Can't blame you. The Blue streak is the most beautiful color ever for the Charger and Challenger :beerchug:

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Now I see the difference...what interior color does yours have? I saw a jazz blue exterior with that camel color interior which was awesome! :bowdown:

Maybe you saw sepia interior. Mine is black

1 - 13 of 13 Posts