Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

My belly crawling car dealer virtually assured me I would get into an RT Hemi this week. I was all set, ordering some parts to modify, etc. Having spoken with him today, he tells me I need to ante up an extra 5 G's to make this happen. I'm just out of school, got bills to pay, etc. Not going to happen.

He has told he, however, that he can get me into an SXT Charger for a little more than what I'm paying now. My question is, is it even worth it? At the moment I'm driving an SE.

I wanted to go RT for the power and increased horsepower. I knew my driving experience would be night and day, going from an SE to Rt. But how much different will it be with an SXT?

Aren't they both dogs? How much different would it be? At the moment he tells me I will not lose anything on the trade in. The longer I wait, however, the longer my ride will depreciate, obviously.

What do you guys think? Is the performance that much different from an Se to SXT?

Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
naa bro

dont settle foe less, i did i=and i regret it

·
Registered
580 Posts
Is the SE the 2.7? It would be a noticeable increase in power, but it's up to you to decide if it's enough. I'd HIGHLY recommend driving the SXT first.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
imma say no... theres very few things in an sxt you cant just add to an SE.... leather, sunroof... www.classicsofttrim.com, Wheels... somebody on here has a set of SXT alloys waiting for you... I mean it just doesnt make sense to lose the equity you have in your car for a badge upgrade and little else. My .02....

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Obviously the 3.5 isnt like driving the Hemi, but its a whole hell of alot better then the 2.7

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I think he means he got the 3.5L and regrets it cause he wants a hemi.... thats my interpretation

·
Registered
856 Posts
To be honest, I dont think it is worth it to go from a SE to SXT no matter what v6 engine it has. I think you will be getting cheated if they try to push another v6 charger unto you. After which, you might still end up wanting a RT. I think you should shop around man, dont get too "emotionally attached" to these dealers. BE sure to make them understand that, you dont HAVE! to trade your car, so you will not be losing anything even if you dont trade. Dont make the push it on you at all.....shop around.....

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
if you dont mind me asking...

what are they offering you on your trade in? how much do they want for the r/t?

let me put this in:
i traded in a crapped out 01 suburban for 8500(probably worth closer to 4-5000, but we wont go there teeeheeeheee). i payed 13000 cash. im finacning the rest of the car.. which i payed 25,200 for in total(-8500, so... 1800 give or take)

whatever. this is for an 06 fully loaded r/t. road and track package. sound grp 2. sunroof. EVERYTHING. nav. rear dvd. evic..... everything. it was the showroom floor car when chargers first came out. it had 16000 miles on it, i talked to the previous owner a bunch. her husband was a car dealer owner. she only put highway miles on it. i took it to one of my car techs who tunes vipers and ford gt's. he said the car was in virtually mint condition. especially for 16000 miles.

my point is that a new SXT is like 19000. a used r/t will cost you like 24-26000 depending on a LOT of things. do tons and tons of research and patience and you will uncover a diamond like i did. i ran across *******s who wanted 28000 for cars with half the options and half the miles. but the waiting paid off.

bottom line is my car had a 39000$ sticker, 16000 miles later i payed 25. that is a steal. and you can do the same.

im so happy. i cant even imagine driving a v6 compared to this. my honest advise is DONT settle for less. tell that guy he can choke on your d1ck and go shopping elsewhere. it will pay off. best wishes

·
Registered
487 Posts
I wanted to go RT for the power and increased horsepower. I knew my driving experience would be night and day, going from an SE to Rt. But how much different will it be with an SXT?

Aren't they both dogs? Is the performance that much different from an Se to SXT?

Thanks
No, Thank you for saying that - If I would have said that, the mierda would have hit the fan and every V-6 wannabe would have come out of the woodwork to yell at me.

Wait for the HEMI..................

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
No, Thank you for saying that - If I would have said that, the mierda would have hit the fan and every V-6 wannabe would have come out of the woodwork to yell at me.

Wait for the HEMI..................
You WANKA! :grin:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
i had a 2.7 06 se...it was a used rental car.

ive never driven a 3.5 so i cant speak from experience but i just traded in my SE for a RT last thursday.

i had 2700 negative equity on my SE but I got a good deal on the RT so it balanced itself out. my payment is higher but you'll be happier if you can find a RT

speaking from personal experience here buddy...do whats going to make you happy as long as you are the type of person that wont let bills get past due. if you need to work harder and more to get the car you want...id say find a RT or else stick to what you got.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
goto a dealership and take out a 3.5 for a spin FIRST. THEEEEN go take a 5.7 for a spin.

i promise you that you wont be able to go back ;) the wait is worth it, i assure you.

ive seen a lot of people on here who go buy the 3.5 first and its just not enough of waht they expected. if i had to presume, youll be much happier if you only have to upgrade once rather than do it again later

·
Registered
293 Posts
I feel your pain about being a student. but i bought my R/T brand new for 26700 out the door. you can talk to these guys and get yourself some real muscle at a good price. TRUST ME. its worth it

:grin:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Up Date

Guys,

Cheers for all the advice. You'll be happy to know someone out there actually took it. I'm getting into my Black Pearl RT 5.7 this coming Saturday. Almost signed the papers for the SXT Upgrade. Just couldn't do it. Got a pretty good deal, too.

Thanks Again,

First Car... Second Car

1 - 20 of 21 Posts